Aayla Secura Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't opened this statue up yet but with all of my other light up statues there's a hole in the base the the leg plugs into. If a statue of mine won't light up, it move the steel thing in the base over a bit so that it has good contact with the thing on the leg. Wish I could describe this better. Anyway, this has worked for me most times.

Re: 1st Aayla Secura Premium Format broken, 2nd one non-functional

Marriage is a rocky road. Mistakes will be made, and forgiven, many times. Embrace that. Use the imperfect statue as a symbol that anything can be fixed if you work at it, or don't use it. But don't use it as a reason to hurt your relationship in any way!

I have been a long time SS collector. Never have I had ANY problem with anything I have ever bought from them. 15 PF's, dozens of 12" scale figures, statues, maquettes, etc. However with this Aayla Secura I have had NOTHING but problems.

I ordered the Ex. version day one and got #89. When the first one that I had sent to me the hand on the body was broken off.
Then when I plugged it in it made this humming/crackling sound inside the body and the lightsaber only went about 1/2 way then burnt out completely.

I called SS and talked with Daniel who was great. I sent him the pictures and he told me that I would be sent out a new one right away. Being that this was the first time I have ever had to return anything I was extremely happy with the results, especially due to the fact that this is not only for me, but it is a Christmas/engagement gift for my "hopefully" fiance'. Kind of a "lets start collecting together for the rest of out lives" sort of thing, and seeing as how her favorite character is Aayla Secura it was perfect.

So, tonight I got the "replacement" and was thrilled. I unboxed it, inspected it, and assembled it. Put the batteries in, pressed the button and.... Nothing. Then I plugged it in, pressed the button and.... Nothing... AGAIN!!! Took the batteries out, left it plugged in, pressed the button and F$%#@ NOTHING!!!!!!! I even tried one of my power adapters from my HIC PF, NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

So now my plans of a proposal with my gf's favorite character is broken! And to make matters worse, SS won't be open until after Christmas.

Now, I know that these things happen, but come on two in a row!!! To make matters worse, the family already knows about this and I just feel crappy, pissed, etc. Also, it's not like I can pawn it off like she won't know that it's supposed to light up. "Yeah hun, I would like for you to marry me and to prove how much I love you here is a broken statue of your favorite character. And oh yeah, this is the second one."

I actually feel like selling off all my SS because of this. I know it's a "little" thing with the saber not igniting but then again for the price I paid for it it is a pretty damn big thing! Couple it with I was going to have Aayla holding her ring... I just don't know what to do.

I have been a long time SS collector. Never have I had ANY problem with anything I have ever bought from them. 15 PF's, dozens of 12" scale figures, statues, maquettes, etc. However with this Aayla Secura I have had NOTHING but problems.

I ordered the Ex. version day one and got #89. When the first one that I had sent to me the hand on the body was broken off.
Then when I plugged it in it made this humming/crackling sound inside the body and the lightsaber only went about 1/2 way then burnt out completely.

I called SS and talked with Daniel who was great. I sent him the pictures and he told me that I would be sent out a new one right away. Being that this was the first time I have ever had to return anything I was extremely happy with the results, especially due to the fact that this is not only for me, but it is a Christmas/engagement gift for my "hopefully" fiance'. Kind of a "lets start collecting together for the rest of out lives" sort of thing, and seeing as how her favorite character is Aayla Secura it was perfect.

So, tonight I got the "replacement" and was thrilled. I unboxed it, inspected it, and assembled it. Put the batteries in, pressed the button and.... Nothing. Then I plugged it in, pressed the button and.... Nothing... AGAIN!!! Took the batteries out, left it plugged in, pressed the button and F$%#@ NOTHING!!!!!!! I even tried one of my power adapters from my HIC PF, NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

So now my plans of a proposal with my gf's favorite character is broken! And to make matters worse, SS won't be open until after Christmas.

Now, I know that these things happen, but come on two in a row!!! To make matters worse, the family already knows about this and I just feel crappy, pissed, etc. Also, it's not like I can pawn it off like she won't know that it's supposed to light up. "Yeah hun, I would like for you to marry me and to prove how much I love you here is a broken statue of your favorite character. And oh yeah, this is the second one."

I actually feel like selling off all my SS because of this. I know it's a "little" thing with the saber not igniting but then again for the price I paid for it it is a pretty damn big thing! Couple it with I was going to have Aayla holding her ring... I just don't know what to do.

OMG! What are you going to do?????? Your life is ruined now!
How can you go on without a lit lightsaber???? Maybe that's what the Mayans mean by 'End of the World'!
Yes, sell off all your SS, or better yet, put them all in a pile and run them over - After all, why expose other unsuspecting human beings to these unspeakable abominations????

Listen - Feces occur. She does not care how you propose, she only cared that you do.
So, relax, propose, get another replacement. There's more crap down the road, you'll need your nerves later.

:rotfl

Srry to hear about the busted plans leland. Its a great statue also I wouldn't give up. Also I think it most of us a few attempts to get the saber lighting up. Keep playing with it.

Hey what's important is ur asking. That's what she really wants. Good luck

OMG! What are you going to do?????? Your life is ruined now!
How can you go on without a lit lightsaber???? Maybe that's what the Mayans mean by 'End of the World'!
Yes, sell off all your SS, or better yet, put them all in a pile and run them over - After all, why expose other unsuspecting human beings to these unspeakable abominations????

Listen - Feces occur. She does not care how you propose, she only cared that you do.
So, relax, propose, get another replacement. There's more crap down the road, you'll need your nerves later.

:rotfl

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know, my life's not over. It's like I said. The fact that this is the second one. If this is a sign of things to come with the new tech from SSC just give me the old tech that worked right out of the box. I mean really, I think I can say that anyone who had this happen would be really pissed. Also, I do want to say that on the up side this is without a doubt the best PF, issues aside, that SSC has done yet in terms of sculpt, paint ops, display. I thought that Talon was great, Grevious was amazing, but this Aayla Secura IS the definitive PF to date. And yes, I have little doubt that SSC will take care of this problem.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know, my life's not over. It's like I said. The fact that this is the second one. If this is a sign of things to come with the new tech from SSC just give me the old tech that worked right out of the box. I mean really, I think I can say that anyone who had this happen would be really pissed. Also, I do want to say that on the up side this is without a doubt the best PF, issues aside, that SSC has done yet in terms of sculpt, paint ops, display. I thought that Talon was great, Grevious was amazing, but this Aayla Secura IS the definitive PF to date. And yes, I have little doubt that SSC will take care of this problem.

Still is DOES suck when it happens. We've all been there, and SS usually does a decent job of taking care of you. Just bad timing. Best of luck with the proposal!

The only thing that keeps me coming back is their impeccable CS. It is really top notch.

Try wiping off the connectors on the statue, base and ac plug; with a little alcohol on a q-tip if possible. Many have had a slight film or paint residue that prevents contact, keeping the saber from lighting up.

be merry in the fact you have a girl who are happy getting proposed to this way, instead of dropkicking you across the street for proposing to her with a blue star war doll...

My chicken legs maul stopped lighting up with the batteries due to the fact that one of the batteries leaked. It now only works with the plug in.

I'm now in the process of removing all batteries from my statues and some hot toys. What a drag. I've found quite a few bad batteries so far. Wondering how long decent quality batteries would last?

My chicken legs maul stopped lighting up with the batteries due to the fact that one of the batteries leaked. It now only works with the plug in.

I'm now in the process of removing all batteries from my statues and some hot toys. What a drag. I've found quite a few bad batteries so far. Wondering how long decent quality batteries would last?

I always take out the batteries for that reason

Crap! I need to do that. Too! :slap

Be thankful you got the first replacement so fast. I have been waiting a few weeks and still have not got mine. Every time I get an email back it is, wait 3-5 business days :rotfl Now they are searching for a suitable replacement so I prob won't see mine till mid Jan after all the holidays.

Well now that all of the holiday madness is over I may have time to finally open this one today. :lol I just got off work and all I have to do now is wrap all my gifts while the wife is over at her parent's house cooking dinner. Just popped in LOTR now it's time to get wrapping. Hopefully I'll be back with photos in a few.

I always take out the batteries for that reason

Ah!!!! Found a leaking battery set in my Luke PF! This sucks it's only been 5 months since i got it and put the batteries in it. Now I'm going back to remove all the batteries. All this light up stuff is useless. Iwishe they didn't do the light up thing and lower the prices instead.

Well now that all of the holiday madness is over I may have time to finally open this one today. :lol I just got off work and all I have to do now is wrap all my gifts while the wife is over at her parent's house cooking dinner. Just popped in LOTR now it's time to get wrapping. Hopefully I'll be back with photos in a few.

Funny you should say... I just finished the LOTR trilogy myself. All extended editions on blu. Had to do 1 a night though. :D :rock

Ah!!!! Found a leaking battery set in my Luke PF! This sucks it's only been 5 months since i got it and put the batteries in it. Now I'm going back to remove all the batteries. All this light up stuff is useless. Iwishe they didn't do the light up thing and lower the prices instead.

Some people think it's gimmicky.
I think it's good for the first time you see it and for photo shoots, but that's about it.
I keep them off for the other 99% of the year.

Back