A Warning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just felt impressed to mention that the Crumb pack has pieces that could easily choke a child if swallowed.

So if you plan on displaying your Jabba Throne set anywhere a small child could access (dumb I know, but still, people have done dumber things) please make sure that these little pieces are not within reach.

I felt it needed mentioning. :D

Good post, pix. Can never be too careful. Especially with babies and young toddlers. It just takes 1 second for them to do something dumb and put something in their mouth. When my kid was born I took a CPR class and they told me like the top 5 things kids choke on:

1. Hot dogs
2. Grapes
3. Money
4. Balloons (they chew them and they pop - then stick to their throat)
5. Salacious Crumb Pieces. :lol

swabie2424 said:
Good post, pix. Can never be too careful. Especially with babies and young toddlers. It just takes 1 second for them to do something dumb and put something in their mouth. When my kid was born I took a CPR class and they told me like the top 5 things kids choke on:

1. Hot dogs
2. Grapes
3. Money
4. Balloons (they chew them and they pop - then stick to their throat)
5. Salacious Crumb Pieces. :lol

Ironic, but those are the top 5 things that I choke on as well...

I would hate if a kid swollowed my dwarf varactyl or the sand skitter I would have to monitor their number 2's for a while to get it back.

Thankfully i dont have kids and when I do it will be a policy of you only touch my toys with clean hands and when Im present. Any other time they will be locked up.

I was thinking the same thing. Our 9mo old is constantly putting every piece of lint, fuzz or crumb she can find in her mouth. Drives us nuts. Good job Pix on the warning.

Somewhat OT... but my first job was working in a hospital. One summer I had to clean out the attic of the building because it was being converted into office space. Anyways... I was moving boxes and I found some unreal X-rays in one of them. Pictures of people who had swallowed all sorts of crap. Money is obvious. I found one where someone had swallowed a spoon! No kidding. Also found one where some idiot had swallowed a fish hook.

I also would like to point out that leaving razor blades in the bread mix prior to baking, should also be avoided at all costs.:D

"911, what is your emergancy?"

"Ummm, my kid is choking on a rat-slug thing."

"A what sir?"

"A rat-slug thing. I think it is called a Sand Skitter."

"Is this a joke sir?"

:lol

Seriously though, it is a valid concern/warning. It might not seem obvious to us since we don't typically "taste" our figures, but to a little kid, tasting is better than looking at them. Thanks for the heads up Pix!

Personally, as much as the whole set up costs, I'm not even going to let adults near the Jabba Throne without a request from the Hutt himself.

That's why it says 'Not suitable for children' on all our boxes ;) If you think about it ALL of our 12" figures have parts that could easily be swallowed - extra hands, lightsaber hilts, etc etc... so yes, be careful if you have kiddies!

SideshowDusty said:
That's why it says 'Not suitable for children' on all our boxes ;) If you think about it ALL of our 12" figures have parts that could easily be swallowed - extra hands, lightsaber hilts, etc etc... so yes, be careful if you have kiddies!

I know. I keep having to take them away from my Dad. :lol

Back