A Thankyou.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
Why can't the item be meant for a show be labled an exclusive to the event but also a few be sold to those not going? GG does. Hasbro Does it. Pretty much anyone who sells one at SDCC will do it.
Holding a few back for people who can't attend the show is one thing, but judging from today's PPO, there were a lot more than a few held back.

jlcmsu said:
That in no way makes it not an exclusive to that show. You can't go just anyplace and get it can ya? No. So it's still an exclusive to that show.
Well, that's a matter of semantics (and opinion). To me, if it is called a show exclusive, and you can get it somewhere other than the show, then is isn't really a show exclusive. It is a product that is released to coincide with the show but available through additional sources.

For example, take the Target exclusive Darth Vader from last year. If you had been able to buy that same figure at Wal-mart, it wouldn't exactly have been a Target exclusive, would it? I'm sure the folks at Target wouldn't have thought so.

Vaderx said:
Plus of course, It helps reduce the chances of those who really want the figure having to pay extortionate prices on the secondary market like Ebay. I think that might be a large factor in Sideshows choice to make so many available to non attendees.
Once again, I already explained that I am not complaining that the piece was available through Sideshow's site. I think that was GREAT of them. Is that clear now?

My only complaint is that they called it something other than what I believe it really was (at least based on the volume of ordering that went on this morning).

RoboDad said:
Holding a few back for people who can't attend the show is one thing, but judging from today's PPO, there were a lot more than a few held back.

Well, it's still a few out of the 6k sold and we don't know how many the sold to those not going.

RoboDad said:
Well, that's a matter of semantics (and opinion). To me, if it is called a show exclusive, and you can get it somewhere other than the show, then is isn't really a show exclusive. It is a product that is released to coincide with the show but available through additional sources.

You're right it's a matter of opinion. I say it is still a show exclusive because it is meant mostly to show attendees. Although it's not available through additional sources other than SS.

RoboDad said:
For example, take the Target exclusive Darth Vader from last year. If you had been able to buy that same figure at Wal-mart, it wouldn't exactly have been a Target exclusive, would it? I'm sure the folks at Target wouldn't have thought so.

Robo that just doesn't work and doesn't go with the point your trying to make. The SS SDCC Exclusive isn't being sold by etailers, GG, Attakus, etc. Only by SS for SDCC.

Back