A Swede as the new Robo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cult movies should NEVER be remade. I'm not liking the look of him, I'd heard it was going to be Michael Fassbender! :(

Thats a great pick imo. But so far I think their choice has this movie destined to fail. :(

I don't understand the reason to remake this fim. What need does it fill? I would rather have these kind of movies cleaned up and re-released at the theater. I'm gonna pass on this one for sure. Iconic movies get their status because they were fresh and new when they were made. They hadn't been done before. Remaking them is a pointless exercise in redundancy.

I don't understand the reason to remake this fim. What need does it fill? I would rather have these kind of movies cleaned up and re-released at the theater. I'm gonna pass on this one for sure. Iconic movies get their status because they were fresh and new when they were made. They hadn't been done before. Remaking them is a pointless exercise in redundancy.

Fills their pockets with cash.

Fills their pockets with cash.

Soulless, ball-less, graph paper-brained hollywood execs banking on an established product rather than taking any kind of risk by backing an unknown script/director to offer up something new. There will come a day when I have seen enough movies that I won't be able to view a new release without knowing all of it's source material.

I agree that there is nothing much to be improved, and it will be easy for them to make a mess of the re-make. I think of the new conan re-make and need I say more. I will watch it if they make it but don't have high hopes that this will even come close the the orginal.

We shall see. I liked Verhoeven's original, but I don't hold it up as any kind of masterpiece, it was deeply flawed as are most of his movies. I'm sure Total Recall will be a big improvement so why not this?

:lol You actually think their going to make a better movie then Robocop?

I am personally not all about remakes - not a single one comes to mind I actually preferred (though I loved the new Dawn of the Dead - still liked the orig better), but I do love me some Robo so bring the effort and then we can judge.

Back