A study on social media and Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaZaTrOn

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm conducting a little bit of consumer research on behalf of my dissertation for my final year at University.

It's mainly surrounding Marvel and its use of social media and digital technologies.
I think that utilising this community of comic fans is a great place to get some interesting insight in to what I am investigating and I would be super grateful if you would take a few minutes to air your opinions.

Any answers given will potentially be included in the study which will be used for educational purposes as well as being sent to Marvel themselves. Don't worry if you don't read comics, it's still useful to get your opinion on social media.

If you would provide the following information that'd be great, if you'd prefer to private message me the answers that'd also be fine.

Spoiler Spoiler:

If you have any questions or issues let me know, I hope this is all OK with the Mods and in the right section! Spread it around as well!

Thanks everyone!

Spoiler Spoiler:

If you have any questions or issues let me know, I hope this is all OK with the Mods and in the right section! Spread it around as well!

Thanks everyone!

Age - 28

1. I collect in bouts. I'd be into them for a bit then fade out and get back into them again. Them constantly cancelling and relaunching titles is greatly annoying and makes it harder to follow.

2. I follow the X-Men movie YT channel and an a member if a comic book discussion forum.

3. No.

4. I've read them but I prefer print as I feel a greater sense of ownership over them. With Digital there's too many questions I have and am uncertain of terms which can change, but with Print it's simply buy and own with no questions.

5. No.

6. No

7. Don't know

8. See answer #5

9. Movie-wise I'd say yes.

10. Not sure.

11. Marvel NOW! Has probably helped.

Age - 41

Do you collect comics? - I have an affinity towards the vintage comic

Do you follow Marvel on any social media platforms? (name as appropriate) - e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter no

Do you purchase digital comics? - no

Do you prefer digital comics over print? If so why, if not why? - hell no

Have you heard of Augmented Reality? - no, but I use a bong for that

Have you downloaded or experienced the Marvel AR app? - no

Do you like the idea of Marvel providing free extra content in their comics through AR? - I don't care

If you do use the AR app, how often do you use it? - what?

Do you think that Marvel is ahead of similar companies in regards to their social media presence? maybe

Do you think other companies should follow Marvel and have a larger social media presence? sure

Do you think Marvel NOW!, with the inclusion of Marvel Infinite (exclusive digital comics) and Marvel AR is a good way of gaining a new audience? I guess so..

bodie

Age - 41

Do you collect comics? - I have an affinity towards the vintage comic

Do you follow Marvel on any social media platforms? (name as appropriate) - e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter no

Do you purchase digital comics? - no

Do you prefer digital comics over print? If so why, if not why? - hell no

Have you heard of Augmented Reality? - no, but I use a bong for that

Have you downloaded or experienced the Marvel AR app? - no

Do you like the idea of Marvel providing free extra content in their comics through AR? - I don't care

If you do use the AR app, how often do you use it? - what?

Do you think that Marvel is ahead of similar companies in regards to their social media presence? maybe

Do you think other companies should follow Marvel and have a larger social media presence? sure

Do you think Marvel NOW!, with the inclusion of Marvel Infinite (exclusive digital comics) and Marvel AR is a good way of gaining a new audience? I guess so..

bodie

:lol:lol:rotfl

why so serious? haha

Back