A Song of Ice and Fire THE TV SERIES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McHavyck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else out there is a mega-fan of this book series by George R.R. Martin.

I have read a lot of fantasy and sci-fi books in my day, but the first book of this series, A Game of Thrones, has gone to the top of my list of favorite books.

Each book has a number of POV characters and the chapters skip around to focus on each one. So you see the over-arching story from many different points-of-view.

This book had a lot of really cool elements...from the possible return of dragons to ice crusted vampires.

There is news that HBO is develpoing a pilot (co-produced by the BBC) based on the series. Each season would cover one book in the series.

This is the description from IMDB...

Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros. Political and sexual intrigue abound. The primary families are the Starks and the Baratheon families. Robert Baratheon, King of Westeros, asks his old friend Eddard Stark to serve as his chief advisor. Eddard, suspecting that his predecessor had been murdered, accepts so that he can investigate further. It turns out more than one family is plotting to take the throne. The Queen's family, the Lannisters, may be hatching an incestuous plot to take control. The last surviving members of the previously deposed ruling family, the Targaryens, are also plotting a return to power. The conflict between these families and three others, the Greyjoys, and the Tyrells, leads to a civil war known as the War of Five Kings. Meanwhile, in the north, mysterious creatures begin attacking the northern wall, turning their victims into undead horrors.

I love this series! I'm a fan of very few fantasy stories and A Song of Fire and Ice are one of my favorites. Very complex, keeps you on the edge of your seat, lot's of interesting characters and on and on. I wish Martin would write the rest of the series faster (but, greatness takes times).

It's nice to hear some news is popping up again about the HBO series.

Well, last night before True Blood HBO showed the first official trailer for "Game of Thrones", which will air in 2011.

It will star Sean Bean as Eddard Stark, Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister :)exactly:) and Lena Headey as Cercei Lannister. :drool

I can't wait to see what HBO does with the material!!
:clap:clap:clap

I've read all the books and have been looking forward to the series for sometime now ever since George R. R. Martin hinted that one might be made. I've been waiting for "A Dance with Dragons" for years now. If the series is a success then it will probably catch up with the books before the next book is ever finished.

A Song of Ice and Fire is probably my all-time favorite book series, so I'm super excited for this show. The teaser has got me pumped.

Well, last night before True Blood HBO showed the first official trailer for "Game of Thrones", which will air in 2011.

It will star Sean Bean as Eddard Stark, Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister :)exactly:) and Lena Headey as Cercei Lannister. :drool

I can't wait to see what HBO does with the material!!
:clap:clap:clap

BEANIE!!!!!!!! :yess:

I'll have to wait till it comes out on disc though since I don't get HBO.

I've read all the books and have been looking forward to the series for sometime now ever since George R. R. Martin hinted that one might be made. I've been waiting for "A Dance with Dragons" for years now. If the series is a success then it will probably catch up with the books before the next book is ever finished.
Knowing HBO, they'll just cancel it once A Game of Thorns is done. They don't tend to stick with many series for very long, so I'd expect the same thing to happen with this. Which is a pity, since I would love to see all the books published to date get screen time.

Now, if only Martin would finish the series, ha! I know great takes time but these long stretches of years for further installments is killing me, ha!

HBO just released a new teaser and behind-the-scenes video for Game of Thrones, based on the epic book series A Song of Ice and Fire. The show should be a good fit for HBO given the source material; plenty of murder, war, betrayal, sex, violence, and a dash of magic. I hope it can get the viewership needed to run for multiple seasons, because this footage is extremely promising. (When you're done checking out the video, you can find more info at the official production blog: https://www.makinggameofthrones.com/)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/FAZzCFPcLoo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/FAZzCFPcLoo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/zjY6QnOPcoI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/zjY6QnOPcoI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Back