a question about sculpting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dellyboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have started doing some sculpting 1/6 scale, and currently working on a Ron Burgundy HS. As any anchorman fan should know Key to Ron burgundy is his trademark hair. I like the sculpt I've done so far and was wondering if I bake it ,can I then model his hair ontop and bake on top. I am using super sculpey.

Yes, you can do that... I'd recommend making some kind of groove or series of indentations so the sculpy has something to fit into. If you just sculpt on a smooth surface its not as easy for the sculpey to adhere.

All the features on your RB seem in the right place, I'd say you'd do well to look at the tache...bit too big, and shape's wrong. The sculpt doesn't leap out as him yet, but getting the tache right may help in that direction. Particularly, note the smooth bow shape of the top of it.

3uteveja.jpg
6emeqy4u.jpg
ysevu6a8.jpg
decided to sculpt his hair on him before I bake. Lots more to do though. Apologies for your crooked necks, not sure how to flip the photos when using tapatalk.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

Back