A Nightmare on Elm Street Trailer!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jackie Earlie is a great actor but in my opinion a poor choice for Freddy. Hes too small

And whats with the new Makeup? Its as if he was a real burn victim who had survived the fire. Its more saddening than scary or menacing.

Jackie Earlie is a great actor but in my opinion a poor choice for Freddy. Hes too small

And whats with the new Makeup? Its as if he was a real burn victim who had survived the fire. Its more saddening than scary or menacing.

I agree with you about him being too short. The scene were he's fleeing from the parents, back to his shop, he looks like a little kid running. :lol

I love that he's so short. I'm tired of retard tall guys getting all the good parts.
Besides, it's all in the acting chops, and Jackie's more than capibale. Freddy was always depicted as a smaller man, anyway.

I guess his Academy Award nomination was a fluke. Give it to that guy playing the new Jason, because he's tall!

Last time I checked, nobody was questioning his acting skills, just that he's vertically challenged. I'm sure Warrick Davis has the chops to easily pull off Frankenstein emotionally. Just not sure I'd want to see him do it in a serious remake. :lol

I understand your argument, but I can't help but wonder if you being willfully dense on the subject. The entire point of Freddy, is he attacks you within the intangible realm of your dreams. His size has nothing to do with his psychical abilities therein, not to mention the fact he has the power to alter anything he so desires... even... his height!

Also the fact that he is a shorter man gives some variety to the Horror catalog, which incidentally is full of giants, as well as some reality for the viewer.

Last edited:
I always liked the idea of Freddy being short , like I always liked the idea of Michael Myers not being a gaint. The idea just seemed to go away from the usual routine and I thought that was something that set the nightmare on elm street series ( and Halloween to a certain point ) apart from others , obviously as well as the awesome character design and movie.
I actually like the fact Jackie is so small , his performance still looks pretty freaky.

The entire point of Freddy, is he attacks you within the intangible realm of your dreams. His size has nothing to do with his psychical abilities therein, not to mention the fact he has to power to alter anything he so desires... even... his height!

Also the fact that he is a shorter man gives some variety to the Horror catalog, which incidentally is full of giants, as well as some reality for the viewer.

:lecture
Right on.
Plus, in the real world he targets children. Not exactly big manly-man activity. I like him as a sniveling little weasel. It makes sense IMO.

I understand your argument, but I can't help but wonder if you being willfully dense on the subject. The entire point of Freddy, is he attacks you within the intangible realm of your dreams. His size has nothing to do with his psychical abilities therein, not to mention the fact he has to power to alter anything he so desires... even... his height!

I'm not being "willfully dense." I don't think Krueger needs to be a giant but I also don't think he needs to be shorter either. I actually preferred Hodder as Jason despite the fact that he was the smallest actor to play him because he brought a sense of realism to the role. I'm also not a fan of Mane playing Myers, mainly because of his height.

Like Ford did for Indy, Englund established a certain presence with the character of Freddy. So much so that they couldn't double the actor for most shots and had to actually fly him out for reshoots and touch-ups (Craven explains this on the ANOES commentary). So, IMHO, the character is not replaceable. After watching the original again this past weekend in hopes of getting myself hyped about the remake, I'm not even sure why this film is being remade. Fashions aside, the story's just as powerful today, as it was back then.

:lecture
. I like him as a sniveling little weasel. I.

Exactly , the fact that he kills people isn't what makes him terrifying to most people. Its the way that he does things , the way that he looks and the whole story behind him. Just his presence on screen is creepy.

By the way I had the impression this new movie was trying to say that Freddy wasn't actually a pedophile. When the parents are chasing him , he actually genuinely looks shocked and shouts out ..

" what do you think I've done ?! ".

I actually like the idea of that. As if Freddy is getting revenge for a reason and he was murdered for no reason.

Am I way off there and even if I am what do you guys think of that idea ?

Like Ford did for Indy, Englund established a certain presence with the character of Freddy. So much so that they couldn't double the actor for most shots and had to actually fly him out for reshoots and touch-ups (Craven explains this on the ANOES commentary). So, IMHO, the character is not replaceable. After watching the original again this past weekend in hopes of getting myself hyped about the remake, I'm not even sure why this film is being remade. Fashions aside, the story's just as powerful today, as it was back then.

I'm not terribly keen on remakes either, but if it had to be done, Jackie is the best man for the job.
Also, Englund has three and a half inches on Haley. Your case holds no water.
Agree to disagree.

Exactly , the fact that he kills people isn't what makes him terrifying to most people. Its the way that he does things , the way that he looks and the whole story behind him. Just his presence on screen is creepy.

By the way I had the impression this new movie was trying to say that Freddy wasn't actually a pedophile. When the parents are chasing him , he actually genuinely looks shocked and shouts out ..

" what do you think I've done ?! ".

I actually like the idea of that. As if Freddy is getting revenge for a reason and he was murdered for no reason.

Am I way off there and even if I am what do you guys think of that idea ?

As I recall the script review from Latino Review, he is innocent. The Elm Street children all lied about him, saying he sexually abused them and such. After the parents murdered him, his return years later is not only to punish the parents as before, but now with the added motivation to punish the now teenage children who lied about him.

ah , now that is cool. I thought they were going to go full throttle this time and make him as sick as possible , I'm glad there having him innocent.

From what I've read, and I could be wrong....
BIG SPOILER
Spoiler Spoiler:

Again, I could be wrong. Also it's the kind of thing that they could have gone back and forth on so it's possible we won't know until it hits.

Spoiler Spoiler:
:horror

Back