A New Friday the 13th Movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part VI is when they went for comedy by turning Jason into zombie. Parts 1-4 are pretty scarey if you ask me.

My favorites of the whole Friday saga was 1-4. To me Jason was scary and and there was just something about him that made me feel uneasy. He was human and not this mindless zombie who just killed for the pleasure of it. He had a purpose. Fridays 1-4 had that look and feel to them which made them, to me, very good. After that they went down hill. The Jason that I knew and enjoyed watching died after part 4 and it remains that way for me until this very day.

Now if they make or remake a Friday film then I hope it returns to the good old days of the first Friday films. Otherwise just leave it alone.

My favorites of the whole Friday saga was 1-4. To me Jason was scary and and there was just something about him that made me feel uneasy. He was human and not this mindless zombie who just killed for the pleasure of it. He had a purpose. Fridays 1-4 had that look and feel to them which made them, to me, very good. After that they went down hill. The Jason that I knew and enjoyed watching died after part 4 and it remains that way for me until this very day.

Now if they make or remake a Friday film then I hope it returns to the good old days of the first Friday films. Otherwise just leave it alone.

To me Part 2 will always be the scariest, because Jason is some deformed unkillable hillbilly wearing a burlap sack and overalls. He's like The Elephant Man if he was evil and could chase you. :google

There is only one reason for all of these remakes; money. First of all, when you remake a movie, you do not need to purchase a new script. A fresh script can cost millions, but to rewrite a previously existing script costs nothing, hence the remakes. Second, there's a built in fanbase that will see the movie regardless of the negative buzz or reviews, so it's a no brainer. Eventually this remake fas will die down and we'll get some actual original stories. I still can't believe they haven't made a sequel to Freddy vs Jason yet. That movie grossed more than both the entire franchise's did! The should just make a sequel and stop talking about including a third character like Michael Myers, Chucky or Ash; it would never work.

I agree with all of that...except they should add a third horror icon.

F13 2 is prolly Jason at his scariest. He would run and chase people. The Hockey Mask is kewl, but that is when the campy stuff started to creep in. 1-4 is still the best.

Agreed! Part 1-4 was suppose to be the end of the Jason flicks, thats why they made Roy Jason in part V. I watched the commentary and they speak of the "Final Chapter" being the Final Friday.

I too love parts 1-4, 1&2 because of I guess how believable the story was, 3&4 because of the Mask and a more realistic "Injurable" Jason.

Part VI and on were just more fairy tale with a zombie twist. I still laugh when Tommy digs up the grave in VI and strikes of lightning not only resurect Jason but give him super powers to boot! Just think, he was dead, trapped under the ground in a solid grave and dip**** had to dig him out?

Weak.

Agreed! Part 1-4 was suppose to be the end of the Jason flicks, thats why they made Roy Jason in part V. I watched the commentary and they speak of the "Final Chapter" being the Final Friday.

I too love parts 1-4, 1&2 because of I guess how believable the story was, 3&4 because of the Mask and a more realistic "Injurable" Jason.

Part VI and on were just more fairy tale with a zombie twist. I still laugh when Tommy digs up the grave in VI and strikes of lightning not only resurect Jason but give him super powers to boot! Just think, he was dead, trapped under the ground in a solid grave and dip**** had to dig him out?

Weak.

If you really want some more "gold" on Final Chapter go check out the commentary on the Blue Underground DVD release of "The Prowler" with Joe Zito and Tom Savini doing commentary. They talked quite a bit about Final Chapter which was pretty cool since there is no Final Chapter commentary in the Friday Box-set.

It's worth the view.

If you really want some more "gold" on Final Chapter go check out the commentary on the Blue Underground DVD release of "The Prowler" with Joe Zito and Tom Savini doing commentary. They talked quite a bit about Final Chapter which was pretty cool since there is no Final Chapter commentary in the Friday Box-set.

It's worth the view.

Sorry not commentary, it was mentioned on the "Killer Extra's" disc that comes in the most recent box set Parts 1-8. Joseph Zito mentioned that he was under the impression that this was the last Friday the 13th and that there would be no more after part IV.

Doesnt Surprise me,with all the "Comebacks" lately of Heroes and Monster from the 70s/80s,like Superman,Batman,Rocky,Rambo,Die Hard,Transformers,TMNT,Alien,Predator,Terminator etc.

I heard recently that GI Joe and The Smurfs was mentioned to go Big Screen,after the enormous Success of Transformers.

But I think a new Jason film can be good,but not a remake,why not make an ending to it all?They ended Freddy once and for all in the last movie when Freddy actually was coming into the real world,and the story was that all the previous films was just fiction,a good ending if you ask me.

Too bad the Quentin Tarantino "Ultimate Jason" project fell through; that would have been infinitely better than any garbage Michael Bay could crap out at us. :monkey2

I seriously doubt that. Quentin's movies suck, every single one of them.

in parts 1 & 2 when they first came out, yes he was very scary.

Well if you put it that way yes he "Was" very scary when I was younger, I guess it depends when we are referring to. I still remember waking up in the middle of the night, I was probably about 8 years old and my older brother, 18 at the time was watching Final Chapter. I asked him if I could watch it with him and he said yes, long story short I didn't sleep a freakin minute that night!

I still bug him about it today. :D

But if big muppet hands reached out of the water and pull the chick in, that would be scary, right?

Ya but what are we talking about here? Scary as a kid or scary still today?

When I was a kid I shat my pants watching really any horror movie but today would find them still mysteriously interesting or even creepy.

Well I can say that nothing honestly scares me today. The only thing that creeps me out still today is Halloween even though I seen it a million times and the theme song just sends chills. Jason does not scare me today but back then omg did he ever. So I guess I'm talking about back then but it was never really stated about then or now.

The only part of any movie that freaked me out was the ending of Blair Witch with the kid standing in the corner of the basement.

Me and my wife would tease each other with it. One of us would come in the room and turn the light on and see the other standing in the corner. Try it, it does freak people out.

But if big muppet hands reached out of the water and pull the chick in, that would be scary, right?

Whats with you in muppet hands? Also I never said Anything was or wasn't scary. Infact Jason Goes to hell wasn't scary at all. I found it entertaining, does that bother you so much?

Back