A Hot Toys Iron Monger 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Darren, the Alien Queen would easily outsell the Iron Monger...but it doesnt matter neither are going to be made.

Not to necropost, but according to this March 30, 2010 interview with HT President Howard Chan, IRON MONGER in 1/6 is still in development...even WITH the IM2 figures on the way! :rock :rock :rock

https://invasiontoysandcollectibles.../conversation-with-howard-chan-president.html

Q: On specific characters from movie licenses, will Hot Toys produce Commissioner Gordon (Batman), Iron Monger (Iron Man), Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)?

Howard: ...As for Iron Monger, it was always a case of cost issues and pricing, as you know it is a very large figure in 1/6 scale so to really do it justice and yet making it a price that will still be supported by the dealers and customers remain the greatest challenge.

Personally I want to see this made! But now given that Iron Man 2 the movie will be released soon and we are already committed to making a few characters from the new movie. We are also preparing a series of exciting promotional activities such as Iron Man exhibition in Hong Kong and Taiwan in Apr-May this year and a stream of exclusive privilege to our event participants. Therefore, from a timing standpoint we don’t know where to fit Iron Monger. But it remains in our development plans.

Although it is encouraging...it most certainly does NOT say that it is in developement. It says it is in the developement PLANS. And that can anything all the way back to sitting in a file somewhere as no more than an idea on a piece of paper.

Although it is encouraging...it most certainly does NOT say that it is in developement. It says it is in the developement PLANS. And that can anything all the way back to sitting in a file somewhere as no more than an idea on a piece of paper.

Yeah yeah...I'll take anything.

We are still talking about this.... :banghead

nelson-haha.jpg

I was just talking about this in the other thread. It's definitely interesting to see, the model looks a little small and squat (I hope we don't see a Davy Jones situation) but I'm hesitant to get fully excited about it yet. If HT was hesitant before and worried about cost as well as R&D you have to ask why all of sudden the turnabout? What changed?

I was just talking about this in the other thread. It's definitely interesting to see, the model looks a little small and squat (I hope we don't see a Davy Jones situation) but I'm hesitant to get fully excited about it yet. If HT was hesitant before and worried about cost as well as R&D you have to ask why all of sudden the turnabout? What changed?

Perhaps that Iron Man is still selling and they think they can keep the momentum going. Has any other HT line had this many releases?

Terminator, Predator. Someone brought up in another thread that it could be just be a display piece, a resin example of what they were going for. Considering its an expo its definitely possible. If its already in the mock up stage like Avatar was then we should see an official solicit soon if it is indeed happening but I'm nervous about the price.

Terminator, Predator. Someone brought up in another thread that it could be just be a display piece, a resin example of what they were going for. Considering its an expo its definitely possible. If its already in the mock up stage like Avatar was then we should see an official solicit soon if it is indeed happening but I'm nervous about the price.

Well if it doesn't open up with Jeff inside, I think the idea is to keep it afordable. Especially since they are flip flopping and going to make it now. I do believe this is coming, there wasn't anything else that never made it to production on display and from the plaque it said it was definately 1/6 scale.

This could also be a good sign for large Marvel characters such as The Hulk. Surely if Iron Monger will sell, there is a market for Hulk.

i'm confident we'll see a 1/6 hulk. i think ht will challenge themselves to do the full avengers line up, now that they have 3 of them already.

Back