A Cheap, Good, 1/6 Body for Kitbashing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D4rkShaDoWz

Super Freak
Reaction score
If I ever get a TDK HT Batman, I wanted to put the CBale head on a different body with a suit so I can have two figures displayed - what is a good, cheap body that I can use and swap heads with my Hot Toys Batman?

I have some G.I Joes from the 12 inch line but I don't know if their heads can be swapper and stuff...here's one that I have but I'm sure it won't be useful..

Overall, I just need a cheap body to use, not really worrying about articulation and quality (plan on using a toy soldier suit)

THX010.jpg

The problem with a cheap body, is that most likely it's going to look like a "Cheap Body"... the problem isn't just the articulation, it's that visually looks like crap...
You can always use SS Buck... at least it would look better than a GI joe for sure...

Just buy a Dragon... many sites have them for under $5. Now the hand sculpts do look a little fake, but with paint they can be made to look a lot better, or there is nearly an endless amount of gloved hands you can get for them.

But you will need the neck for the Wayne sculpt as most of the Dragon figures the headsculpt attach at the base of the neck like Sideshow figures.

Later DiD figures have better looking handsculpts (cast in color and highlights painted similar to Gandalf) and are relatively cheap as well.

I'm using the BBi 3.5 figure (Vince) for the same thing. The Wayne head+neck fits on the body with no modification.

The classic collection bodys are garbage. The double jointed ons are a little bit better but still garbage compared to a cheap Dragon.

Thanks for the quick response guys! Just wanted to make sure! Hopefully, when the Toy Soldier suit comes back, I'll buy them together for my kitbash to be complete..

Back