.99 bid auctions on ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Kimchi

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I've seen alot of hot toys going for cheaper prices on ebay recently. But sellers seems dodgy with minimal feedback.

But they never have negative feedbacks, if its a scam how are they not getting negative feedbacks? Most figures are the ones already released so buyers should expect it in less than the 45 days period.

Do you see what the actual feedback is for? A lot of these people sell stuff like phone cases or cheap rubbish to pad good feedback, then go on to "selling" cheap Hot Toys figures which indeed seems to be a scam.

Yeah the feedbacks are for cheap stuff, but if its indeed a scam how do they get away with not getting negative feedbacks?

Intriguing, ridiculous how low the prices are at times.

I've looked at a couple of sellers, and none of them had received feedbacks from selling hot toys. Maybe its a 1 time sell and run scheme, thats why most of them has really low feedbacks.

Well there you go. 1st sale. Get reported or negative feedback. They make a fresh account and do it again.

yeah, was searching for a Hot toys dx07 auction i saw last month, sold for cheap. Went to the sellers feedback profile and saw negatives from a few quick 1 time hot toys sales, buyers all claimed to have received a hello kitty phone case. Saw another seller with a different name with the same scam, same hello kitty phone case, maybe the same person is behind it. Definitely too easy to figure out, hope all those scammed got their money back.

I've seen German, English, American, ... sellers but they all seem to ship from China regardless so it's tough to tell. Once bought a cheapo camera lens from a German seller but the package was from China.

1. 0.99 to start an auction doesn't mean they will scam you. They just do it to attract buyers.
2. A couple negative feedbacks for a power seller means nothing.

I think negative feedbacks are removed after a certain amount of time pass. As a buyer, you're always protected from ebay even if they want to scam you. You can file a chargeback on ebay, on paypal or even your credit card bank if neither one wants to pay you back.

Be carefull tho, this the season scammers comes out of the Wood to take advantage of our shopping spree :)

Back