'89 Joker and Joker DX01 Repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xxminyon84xx

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Tried my hand at doing a repaint of the DX01 and a little bit of tweaking to my '89 Joker. When I first got the DX01 I was in love with it but as time went on and I saw more sculpts, it started to lose its luster. Its been sitting in its box since I got my 2.0 I decided to give him anoverhaul. Going to hair it with mohair. Got a start on the paint tonight and I'm definitely liking it a bit more already. On the Jack, I just added some eyeshadow that I really think brings the figure to life. It really lights up the expression. If i can find a brush small enough and trust myself enough I may do a little re-adjustment of his eyebrows for a bit more of a menacing look. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics. Any constructive criticism is more than welcome. Thanks for looking!

As I figured I might, I ended up re-painting the DX01. Much happier with it now. I'd really pretty much given up on that sculpt after the 2.0 came out but I really think new paint brings the sculpt to life. Waiting on mohair to come in to throw some real hair on him. Thanks for looking!

Back