50 Reasons to Hate LoTR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did someone say plot hole?

Liv Tyler's character is seen easily defeating nine strong supernatural beings, even though she is clearly a woman.
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

woodsy said:
Yeah #14, funny and so true! :naughty

The funniest part was actually the disclaimer he threw at the end. Most of the arguments felt forced. Too bad it didn't elicit a chuckle from me.

#17 was my favorite:

Invisible Implausibility.

Every time Frodo or Bilbo went invisible with the ring they should have also gone BLIND. Your eyes cannot function unless light is reflected off the cornea. If light passes through it (as must be the case with invisibility) sight is no longer possible. Also, rings do not turn you invisible.

There's also a comparison of the Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Matrix films that is highly sarcastic and worth a read:

https://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/film/trilogy.html

In the new trilogy, Anakin Skywalker portrays a damning indictment of technology's modern dehumanization of mankind through Hayden Christensen's lifeless, almost inhuman performance. There is a river of tragedy in every robotic line he utters, a horrific monotonal indication of his cyborgal fate.

There is no criticism to be had here; Lucas crafts a kind of dialogue in these films that many didn't previously think was possible.

I've never seen so many references to such items as this one line:

The rest of the casting leaves much to be desired, with the only bright spot being Monica Bellucci in both sequels. Her performances in the two films are a pair of ripe, full, well-rounded portrayals of firm, voluptuous womanhood that will go down as as two of the breast roles in recent mammary.

Radagaster said:
I've never seen so many references to such items as this one line:

The rest of the casting leaves much to be desired, with the only bright spot being Monica Bellucci in both sequels. Her performances in the two films are a pair of ripe, full, well-rounded portrayals of firm, voluptuous womanhood that will go down as as two of the breast roles in recent mammary.

.....mmmmmmmmmm, that's so true though.

I liked # 31 #
Homage or theft V?

The concept of the violent dwarf was based on Al Pacino.

Back