4-year old dies from swallowing a lithium battery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to hear about the kid swallowing the battery. :(

when i was a small kid, my parents refused to let me put ANYTHING in my mouth other than food and drink. i guess they realized kids can put toxic and fatal stuff in their mouth unless you teach them not to. there was a kid in my kindergarten class that used to eat glue, crayons, stickers...just about anything. i wonder if he's still around today?

No, you said that the soul of a baby who is raped to death made a poor choice, but the soul of a toddler who dies of internal bleeding due to a chemical burn in their esophagus because their parents didn't pay sufficient attention to keep them from swallowing electrical storage devices, is somehow beyond reproach.

There are so many parents who are incompetent enough to allow the likelihood of this happening that the birthrate would probably drop to 1/1000th of what it is now if every soul were as picky as you suggest.

There just are too many incompetent people in the world, and too many dangers in it to assure a reasonable expectation of safety for most people. A lot of unnatural things means a lot more dangers, and there are so many in our modern world that a normal natural level of vigilance or care isn't enough. People must be hyper vigilant to compensate for all of the additional dangers because of technology.

The vast majority of parents don't pimp out their children or murder them, so there is plenty of availability for a parent who does not. However, most parents aren't responsible enough not to allow them to swallow something they shouldn't. Accidental swallowing of dangerous things is a far more common occurrence than a parent murdering or raping their children, or performing human sacrifice or something, wouldn't you agree?

The rarity of certain extreme behaviors of people and any strong disposition to do them suggests a kind of deliberate and exceptional ignorance or acceptance of these behaviors when a soul decides to become a child of someone who has them.

That is true whether the extreme behavior is either good or bad.

Why be the child of a certain person you don't want to be their child?

I believe in cause and effect.

This accidental swallowing issue is neither rare, nor is intentional or in other words, there is no strong disposition of the parent to allow it to happen.
Your conclusion is specious.

Just curious as to how many kids you have yourself. I'll wait for your answer before I say more.

No, you said that the soul of a baby who is raped to death made a poor choice, but the soul of a toddler who dies of internal bleeding due to a chemical burn in their esophagus because their parents didn't pay sufficient attention to keep them from swallowing electrical storage devices, is somehow beyond reproach.

No. I said that most people are careless enough to allow the possibility of their children swallowing something dangerous, while very few people are evil enough to rape and kill their children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back