1/6 4-LOM Sideshow Star Wars figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
review_ss4lom_6.jpg

If you thought the sixth scale Star Wars reviews were over for awhile - think again. The Hot Toys pile has run dry, but Sideshow just started shipping their new 4-LOM, and if you're a fan of the bounty hunters, he's well worth checking out. My review is here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-060517a.htm

or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Don't really get this it did nothing for the movie at all

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I think it's more of an expanded universe character. I wanted this because I used to collect the old toys and it would be more for nostalgia than anything else. The only other reason to get this is if youre shooting for the bounty hunters lineup. I wanted this but cancelled last minute because I'm poor. However, if money didn't matter (or if hot toys wasn't around), I would get it. The price doesn't help either. This should be $150 tops.

It was a Kenner figure and a bounty hunter from ESB... what more does one need to know :huh

Great review as always... so it sounds like they made the pistons less breakable than on the C-3PO; those did not pop off.

Yep, that change helps. You can still break them by squeezing them toward the arm, but they are much less likely to break when you're moving the arm at the elbow.

I imagine that will result in a lot less returns... at least for board members it seemed like a good number of them ended up with at least one or two broken pistons before ever opening the box. And it seemed to always been were the piston connected to the arm.

Those eyes just don't seem to pop like they do in SS' product shots. This figure seems very dull and boring. I would love to have the bounty hunter gang but at today's prices, they just aren't worth it.

star-wars-4-lom-sixth-scale-feature-100317.jpg

star-wars-4-lom-sixth-scale-100317-08.jpg

Those eyes just don't seem to pop like they do in SS' product shots. This figure seems very dull and boring. I would love to have the bounty hunter gang but at today's prices, they just aren't worth it.

Theres a thread for this figure, the eyes do pop, in fact they look lit in some pics, you just have to get the pics at the right angle to see it.

I had a broken piston right outta the box… hate to bother with a return, though, so I suppose I'll try to glue it.

I had a broken piston right outta the box… hate to bother with a return, though, so I suppose I'll try to glue it.
Sideshow has pretty fair customer service, it's worth the email, plus you get the satisfaction of smashing a $200 toy with a hammer.

So they got the thumbs right this time? Too bad this wasn't released before C-3P0 and they could have eventually made a better threepio.

Last edited:
Back