3D Printing? Where do you do it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMasterTurtle

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am looking to get some heads printed and I am nervous about the end quality. Ultimately I dont want the horrid print lines which I have seen on 3D prints. I want the textures (pores and hair) to be visible and no loss of quality from 3D model to 3D print.

Can anyone suggest where to print? A company or person? What material to print with? I keep finding so much information on it all but I dont know enough to sift through or understand it all.

Thanks

I don't have any contact info but I have yet to see a bad print from Desmoda at Ownage. From my experience I would recommend stereolithographic prints as they have the greatest level of detail.

I own my own 3D printer, the same ones Sideshow uses for prototyping, and I have done dozens of heads for different customizers.
These are right off the printer prints, no surface sanding needed.

SVuo2d.jpg

XvaZEt.jpg

7ED3xy.jpg

ksciRn.jpg

tDk7uP.jpg

I own my own 3D printer, the same ones Sideshow uses for prototyping, and I have done dozens of heads for different customizers.
These are right off the printer prints, no surface sanding needed.

SVuo2d.jpg

XvaZEt.jpg

7ED3xy.jpg

ksciRn.jpg

tDk7uP.jpg

If you can help with the printer brand it will be helpful as well :)

Ultra 3SP. Keep in mind that there are dozens of printers on the market. Some aren't as good as this one, some can do even sharper details and can cost $250k. I found what worked for my needs and was in my spending budget.

Thanks corrose I'll check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back