3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM Bumblebee Premium Scale Figure - Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Officially handed my leaderclass Bee down to my son. Can't wait for my new one to arrive.

a5b44e818075e6731daf6b9f24d1469a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I gave away my Human Alliance Bumblebee as soon as the 3A Bee was announced.
I'm kinda second guessing that decision now because it's cool transforming it and seeing where all the parts go.
Might get one again down the line but for now l can hardly wait for ThreeBee to arrive.

With the movies is mind, what size model car would scale best with Bee? 1:18, 1:24 or 1:36

97615fa77140003d94622fb4020f9024.jpg

That would be too long right? 1/18 is already 10" long. I was guessing 1/24 might be right since the car mode would be vastly smaller than the robot.

97615fa77140003d94622fb4020f9024.jpg

That would be too long right? 1/18 is already 10" long. I was guessing 1/24 might be right since the car mode would be vastly smaller than the robot.

1/24 would be way too small. The Alternators/Binaltech series were 1/24 scale and they were only about 7 inches tall in robot mode.

655f98d6d55b0a662862c2f4e489e08e.jpg

I like how the car scales with the leader class figure in this picture. He definitely shrinks when he transforms in the movie.

Considering 12th scale figures are roughly 6" tall, and that being too small for Bee... I figures a larger scale would be a better fit. 1:18 being even smaller.

I might just go your route though if l can find a nice model of a Camaro.

From what I have been reading you can't apply figure scales to model cars. A 1:18 scale car is 10" long. Bumblebee is 15" tall and is supposed to shrink into car mode. 1:9 would make him bigger (length vs height) than he is in robot mode. I think 1:18 is about right. Would someone who collects cars please help us out lol

:rotfl
I might get one (1:18) and take pictures.
I'm more concerned about it being an accurate movie replica than scale.

81b822db95849c1e5e9f6502c2c0b85a.jpg

So NECA's penguin figure is around 15" tall and the leaderclass Bumblebee is about 9.5" long in car mode. So this is roughly what it will look like with Bee replacing Penguin and the 1:18 model car replacing the leaderclass model. I think it works.

It just doesnt seem right because when L.B. transforms it's only slighlty over half the size of 3B.

I always felt that L.B's vehicle mode was much bigger than it was supposed to be. With a transforming figure they have no choice.

Have you purchased batteries already? Mine arrives on Thursday so I will be sure to pick some up tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing your pictures and impressions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back