271 Picasso pieces found

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how do they know these are authentic originals and not some counterfeit dud?

how do they know these are authentic originals and not some counterfeit dud?

So far...Picasso's son and an expert who works with Picasso's estate have preliminarily judged them to be authentic. It is not 100% certain yet. But this fact along with the fact that the dude worked for Picasso is pretty strong indication.

i think they also stated that there was some use of numbers that no one is suppose to know about, that were in the pieces.

also the fact the kid is turning around and forcing legal action is a pretty good indicator they're authentic, how in hell anyone could prove one way or the other if they were gifts or not is beyond me.:dunno
especially since he did over 20000 pieces :horror

they have people who specialize in finding out whether paintings are fake or not. like in the movie The Thomas Crown Affair. which is a good movie by the way.

It was a good movie and my former neighbor growing up , Federico Castellucio ,who played Furio on the Sopranos, actually did paintings for that film. The guy is an amazing painter.

i think they also stated that there was some use of numbers that no one is suppose to know about, that were in the pieces.

also the fact the kid is turning around and forcing legal action is a pretty good indicator they're authentic, how in hell anyone could prove one way or the other if they were gifts or not is beyond me.:dunno
especially since he did over 20000 pieces :horror

they could have been stolen at some point...who knows how many paintings & other artwork was taken during WWII

Interesting, I have real hard time believing they were stolen. I mean if Picasso had been missing that many painting he would have started an investigation, plus if you stole them why would you go to the family you stole them from to get they looked at.

I hope the guy gets to keep them, it sounds to me that his kid is just being greedy.

Interesting, I have real hard time believing they were stolen. I mean if Picasso had been missing that many painting he would have started an investigation, plus if you stole them why would you go to the family you stole them from to get they looked at.

I hope the guy gets to keep them, it sounds to me that his kid is just being greedy.

I'm not saying that guy stole any, but sometimes things get stolen & it passes through a few hands over the years

I'm not saying that guy stole any, but sometimes things get stolen & it passes through a few hands over the years

Yeah but who stole it and gave it to him? Especially if you worked for the guy.

It was a good movie and my former neighbor growing up , Federico Castellucio ,who played Furio on the Sopranos, actually did paintings for that film. The guy is an amazing painter.

really you new Furio. l loved him in the sopranos. they ended his character in a dumb way on the show though l think.

Back