24 Jack Bauer Pic Request!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carano

Freakzoid
Reaction score
If anybody has this 12" Jack Bauer figure:

9217119m.jpg

Could somebody please post a pic of it without the clothes? lol

The reason I ask: I'm making MMA/UFC customs, and just want to know what the body looks like (as they only wear shorts, obviously.) And I can pick a few of these figures up quite cheap. So the bodies would come in useful.

Thanks.

If anybody has this 12" Jack Bauer figure:

9217119m.jpg

Could somebody please post a pic of it without the clothes? lol

The reason I ask: I'm making MMA/UFC customs, and just want to know what the body looks like (as they only wear shorts, obviously.) And I can pick a few of these figures up quite cheap. So the bodies would come in useful.

Thanks.

review_1224_7.jpg

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_021308a.htm

Thanks! I wish he had removeable shoes. I'm new to 1:6 customising (I used to customise 6" figures.) And having a hard time getting hold of decent bodies/heads, and wondering what hands / heads, fit on which bodies, etc. lol

True Type bodies by Hot Toys are pricey, but the best body on the market.

TTL makes some bodies with compatible head posts, feet/shoes and hands and are much more affordable.

True Type bodies by Hot Toys are pricey, but the best body on the market.

TTL makes some bodies with compatible head posts, feet/shoes and hands and are much more affordable.

Thanks, I'll check them out! I made this post before I seen your reply, perhaps you could help me out with that, too? :p lol

Thanks again.

If cost is a big factor, why not consider doing them on Dragon Models Limited (DML) bodies?

BodyTypes.jpg

You can always have a Dragon-to-BBi/Hot Toys neckpost, so that you can still fit in the BBi/Hot Toys headsculpts into the Dragon bodies.

4a8f_35.JPG

BBi is also a cheap alternative, with superior articulation as well (see middle nude.. Left nude is ACE, Right nude is Hot Toys Superman Returns):

769666046_fbbbd4d26d.jpg

If you are after "the look" more than the articulation, then use a Hot Toys muscular bodies. :rock

HT0826-T463-2.jpg

Awesome! Thanks alot LoneWolf!

Those muscular bodies look awesome, and would be great for MMA fighters! (He's got the gloves an everything! :D)

Thanks for that post, it's helped me learn more.

You're welcome bro.. Keep in mind though, that the Hot Toys muscular bodies have limited articulation.. They are more geared towards 'looking good when posed'..

Glad to help a 1:6 brother! :rock

They even make "muscular legs" to go over them to hide those knee joints. Dunno about that body, but the leg sleeves are easy to come by on eBay and not expensive at all.

I find that PMC Solider story Bodies work well. Quite cheap but sometimes if you are adding shoes to them they can be a little to big like 13 inches instead of 12" But have a look

Thanks alot for the help everyone.

I think I'll order a few cheap parts from Hong Kong, first, to see how long it takes. And see what I can make with them, then I will start ordering the better stuff later on.

After checking out some great customs on this forum, I've been inspired to make some movie customs too. So I'll want decent parts to make them. :p

Matching skin tones looks annoying though, for hands, etc. Obviously people paint custom heads, to probably get a similar skin tone to the figures' body. Though I was looking to avoid painting, (Obviously, I'd have to paint though) as I used to paint 6" custom figures, and over time, dust would cling to the sealer that I'd sprayed them with, and would'nt come off, and make them look dirty. So I would'nt want it happening to these.

So if anybody can tell me what brands of paint and sealer they use, or any other general tips, would be great.

Thanks!

I use Testor's Dullcote almost exclusively and I have never had any problem at all getting dust to come off my figures. And as for paint, I'll probably catch it for saying this but, I use craft store acrylics like Apple Barrel or Deco Art and just thin them way down with water and do a few light coats.

Back