2018 Damage report, what do you have coming?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn might be adding HT Neo to my list...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 is going to be a rough year.

Already got:
Steel Wolf Logan
Star Ace Daenerys Targaryen
Hot Toys Doc Brown

As for the rest of the year:
Hot Toys Spider-Man Homemade Suit
Hot Toys Spider-Man Homecoming
Hot Toys Bespin Leia
Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin
Hot Toys Arkham Knight
Hot Toys Arkham City Joker
Hot Toys Jedi Luke Skywalker
Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker
Hot Toys Yondu
Hot Toys TLJ Rey
Hot Toys TLJ Kylo Ren
Hot Toys Gladiator Thor
Big Chief Eighth Doctor
Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan

And god knows whatever Infinity War brings or any third party figures that may drop.

Last edited:
Big list for me as well.

- BCS Goldfinger James Bond (received)
- HT Training Armor Wonder Woman
- HT RotJ Luke Skywalker
- HT Anakin Skywalker
- HT ESB Hoth Leia
- HT Grand Moff Tarkin
- HT Wolf Predator 2.0
- HT JL Wonder Woman
- HT JL Flash
- HT JL Aquaman
- HT JL Tactical Suit Batman
- HT Hela
- HT Gladiator Thor
- HT TLJ Luke Skywalker
- HT TLJ Jedi Rey
- HT Yondu

It's actually kind of embarrassing. :lol

Then likely the Predator from the new Predator film this summer. However, I will be skipping on anything from IW and am contemplating getting rid of a lot of MCU stuff I currently have.

Pre ordered:
1. Iron Man Mark VI
2. Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker (HT, not SSC)
3. Empire Strikes Back Darth Vader
4. Neo

Other buys I am budgeting for this year, but have not yet pre-ordered (i.e. this list could change):
1. Gladiator Hulk
2. Gladiator Thor
3. Hela
4. Last Jedi Rey
5. Last Jedi Kylo Ren
6. Last Jedi Phasma

Figures I am still considering:
1. SSC Mythos Obi-Wan
2. SSC "Classic" Batman (this one isn't even up for preorder yet, so who knows)
3. If HT makes one, Battle of Crait Luke

People still preorder? Serious question. I don't see the excitement anymore. Nothing sells out, and nothing holds 50% of its value. I can find everything I need after release at MSRP or below. Blitzway GB and Iron Studios Vader were the exceptions as they made good calls on the numbers.

I have a clean slate for 2018 so far, unless HT announced a BTTF1 Doc.

It's actually kind of embarrassing. :lol

Haha yea man, I feel you. For the first time I'm looking at my collection and starting to think that I have enough. I have one of the biggest collections on this board most likely, and its starting to get a bit overwhelming.

Luckily with the OT Star Wars characters starting to be completed and (I predict) the MCU starting to wind down after Infinity War I think my collecting will start to slow down after this year. After all a lot of my figures are from film series that are already over.

I find most of the figures I'm interested in seem to hold their value on the aftermarket, so there's little incentive for me to buy outside of retail and pay shipping and customs. I'd rather buy from my local retailer, save on those costs, and have easier recourse if there's a product defect. My local retailer will definitely sell out of popular figures, so if I know I'm going to buy a figure for sure, I definitely pre-order.

Haha yea man, I feel you. For the first time I'm looking at my collection and starting to think that I have enough. I have one of the biggest collections on this board most likely, and its starting to get a bit overwhelming.

Luckily with the OT Star Wars characters starting to be completed and (I predict) the MCU starting to wind down after Infinity War I think my collecting will start to slow down after this year. After all a lot of my figures are from film series that are already over.

I think I have around 85 figures or so, and I'm certain my collection is pretty minuscule compared to a lot of others on here. Even at 85 though, I think that's way too many. I look at some of the figures I have in my collection and there's many of them I simply don't really get any enjoyment out of anymore, most of them being from the MCU. I'm looking at possibly wanting to ditch a lot of my MCU stuff, particularly from AoU. Not so much the Avengers themselves, but more a lot of the side character figures from it.

My SW collection is kind of coming to a close, as I pretty much already have the characters I want. TLJ Luke and Rey will likely be the last ST figures I get. The only other figure I'd possibly get is Rey from Episode IX to show her evolution as a character, but that's only if the film performs a major course correction that saves the trilogy and knocks it out of the park on all fronts, including her character. And as far as the OT goes, I think the only necessary figures I feel I'd need to complete a suitable representation of each film is just ESB Lando and RotJ Emperor. Though I don't like what HT rolled out for The Emperor, so that's a pass at the moment. Any other OT figure (Boba Fett, another Vader, Snowtrooper, etc) are mere maybes. I might decide to get one at some point, but they're not figures that I feel would be essential. PT wise, the only other figure I'd get is a RotS Obi-Wan.

MCU I'm done with after the one's I named on my list that I'm receiving this year, won't be getting anything from that anymore. And the DCEU I also think I'm done with for the moment, as the only other character I'd want from any of their upcoming films would possibly be a Green Lantern.

I really enjoy 1/6 collecting, always have, but I also at the same time want to make sure I don't burn myself out and like you said, have your collection get to a point where it's utterly overwhelming. In some cases, like the old adage states: less is more. If you just stick to franchises you really like and with the essential characters that represent those franchises best, I think one may tend to enjoy their collection more and also the excitement of purchasing and receiving a figure, since it's not something you do frequently anymore. Quality over quantity.

Way way too many. I think I’ve overdone it and thinking of retiring after this:

All HT:
Boba Fett ESB
Both Spideys from S:HC
Darth Vader ESB
Wonder Woman JL
Hela
Rey Ep 8
Leia Hoth
Marty BTTF2
Doc BTTF2

Plus Supermad’s Six Million Dollar Man

I think I have around 85 figures or so, and I'm certain my collection is pretty minuscule compared to a lot of others on here. Even at 85 though, I think that's way too many. I look at some of the figures I have in my collection and there's many of them I simply don't really get any enjoyment out of anymore, most of them being from the MCU. I'm looking at possibly wanting to ditch a lot of my MCU stuff, particularly from AoU. Not so much the Avengers themselves, but more a lot of the side character figures from it.

I really enjoy 1/6 collecting, always have, but I also at the same time want to make sure I don't burn myself out and like you said, have your collection get to a point where it's utterly overwhelming. In some cases, like the old adage states: less is more. If you just stick to franchises you really like and with the essential characters that represent those franchises best, I think one may tend to enjoy their collection more and also the excitement of purchasing and receiving a figure, since it's not something you do frequently anymore. Quality over quantity.

Yea, I just did the math. 191 here. Plus 3 vehicles. I'm pretty shocked as even I didn't know it was that high.
I started out in 2010 buying one a month. Somewhere along the line it turned into 2 a month. Plus an additional as a gift here or there for birthday/Christmas ect. And a few cheap customs I have done.

I remember back when I first started collecting, getting a figure was a huge deal for me. It would be a highlight of my month, and id rush home to unbox it and pose it next to the TV to lovingly admire it for a couple days. Somewhere along the line as a sense of completism set in and I had to have every Avenger/tv hero/ect. It made it less special for me.

Well one more for the pile, added Neo to pre order used a coupon from TW to get it under 199.00.

But likely won’t be in 2018...

Debating getting the Cootoys Viking set. The beserker and the ship prow would look awesome with my mead horn next to it. Hope my local shop can get it in.

Oooh, I'm quite damaged. The dangers getting pay rise...

ThreeA half size Rex
D spec Rex
LimToys Snake delux with bonus pack

ThreeAAA membership

Shfiguart BlackPanther (worth it)
Batman
Scouter Vegeta
Majin Vegeta

Mezco Homecoming Spiderman

I remember back when I first started collecting, getting a figure was a huge deal for me. It would be a highlight of my month, and id rush home to unbox it and pose it next to the TV to lovingly admire it for a couple days. Somewhere along the line as a sense of completism set in and I had to have every Avenger/tv hero/ect. It made it less special for me.

That's somewhat similar to me as well.

I still get excited whenever I receive any figure. I always spend a week or two after receiving it futzing it to get it nice and perfect the way I want. However, some of them in my collection, I just don't really get any enjoyment out of and feel no emotional attachment to it. Most of them are from the MCU as like you, I got a little carried away with the MCU and a sense of completism set in, and I had to have just about every film from the MCU represented and as many characters from those films as I could.

The only issue is many of these figures I want to sell, I'll take a hit on financially because I purchased it at retail and many of them are worth half what they were a retail. However, I don't want it in my collection either, so that puts me in a quandary. Sometimes I just approach it from a bartering perspective, where I just think of it as trading a figure that has no value to me personally for another figure that has value to me.

I still am enjoying every figure I get....but due to space constraints , I only buy about 3 per year. This year the Ghostbusters blew that out of the water. Of course BUYING them means nothing , it’s about when they get released....

I am now approaching my first trade offs...

Eyeballing selling my MM Spider-Man 3 and Terminator 3 skin job.....
I want to get a genisys Terminator and possible something later this year....

I have the HT Hoth Leia, HT Jedi Luke, HT ESB Vader, and the HT Neo on pre-order. Being a bit newer to the hobby, I have been doing a lot of back-tracking. 9 figures and a vehicle in the past two months :nono Like many here, it does seem like I need to bring it down a bit. Still debating about that Ecto pre-order though ...

For me, space and money are now issues. I'm close to 40 figures and I'm just kind of running out of room. I think I can squeeze 3-5 more figures in but after that, I'll have to do major redesigns of all my stuff(including blurays/dvds, etc) to fit in more of these sixth scale figures.

But this doesn't match with my actual desires.

Paying on/already preordered:
Hot Toys Star Lord deluxe
Hot toys Hoth Leia
Hot toys Spider-man homecoming deluxe
Hot toys Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker.

Now the considering list is gigantic because 1. I can only buy from SSC due to their flexpay option and 2. I've been trying to not have so many things on preorder at once so I won't feel such a budgetary squeeze. The problem is I like a LOT of stuff and I wouldn't even say I'm new to the hobby anymore(I've been actively buying these since 2012 and in 2015, I got a higher paying job and was able to get WAY more, more often) but even then, I still love a lot of what I'm seeing. That being said...

Actively considering:
Threezero Arya
Hot Toys Hela
Hot Toys Yondu deluxe
Hot toys Anakin Skywalker
Hot Toys Last Jedi Kylo Ren
Hot Toys Last Jedi Rey
Hot toys Last Jedi Luke Skywalker
Hot toys last jedi Leia
Hot Toys Justice League Batman
Hot Toys justice League Superman
Hot Toys Emperor Palpatine
Hot Toys the Matrix Neo
Threezero Negan
Threezero Daryl
Threezero Michonne
Threezero Glenn

And this is not counting all the unannounced stuff I'm sure to want. I fully expect to add to my QMX Star Trek collection this year and I'm bracing for the onslaught of figures from Black Panther, Infinity War, and Ant-man and The wasp, I'm sure i'll want. I'll probably want something from Aquaman too but I'm sure none of those figures will come out until 2019. Finally, if ANYBODY does officially licensed figures of any of the CW DC characters(in sixth scale), I must get some of them too.

I'm so deep in I'm finally ready to start getting rid of my substantial six inch figure collection to fund this stuff.

All Hot Toys:

Neo
ESB Fett (reg)
ESB Vader
TLJ Luke (deluxe)
Wonder Woman (training ver)

Black Panther will likely be added to the list. Maybe a couple IW choices.

ARH Studios - Arhian Forever
Gaming Heads - Thane
Gaming Heads - Wrex
Sideshow- Jyn Erso PF
Sideshow - Captain Phasma PF
Sideshow - First Order Stormtrooper PF

Back