1/6 2014 a big year for SW sixth scale.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkarn009

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's been a crazy the last month and a half with all these figures coming out it's been hard to keep up. I made up a list for what has come out and whats left to come.
Comparing it against last year i remember there it being very quiet early on in the year with only one or two on PO.

Darth Vader Deluxe
Commander Wolffe
Darth Malgus
Shiney Clone Deluxe
General Grievous
Boba Fett Prototype
501st Clone Deluxe
212th Clone Deluxe
Veteran Clone Deluxe
Fives & Echo 501st Troopers
Battle Droid: Security
Probe Droid
Luke Skywalker Hoth Gear
Tauntaun
Han Solo Hoth Gear
Captain Rex Phase II
Battle Droid twin pack: Geonosis
Battle Droid: Geonosis Commander & Dooku Hologram

Is it too much? More the merrier?

I've bought, waitlisted or pre-ordered 9 items on your list and I'll likely pull the trigger on Solo and 501st Deluxe as well, so definitely more the merrier for me :yess:

Got Vader, Malgus and Grievous. Pre ordered Veteran, Hoth Luke & Han, I'd love to get the Tauntaun too but will probably pick it up from a UK seller.

I got half of your list. More of the Original Trilogy Guy but may pick up some of the Clones!

i got vader and malgus and have preordered han, luke, and the tauntaun. i'm really hopìng we get another bounty hunter this year, hopefully dengar or zuckuss.

Wonder if we're getting an ROTJ Luke? Would be awesome to re-enact that Death Star scene (to me it's the most tense and dramatic scene out of the three original movies).

Sure is a big year! I have more planned purchases this year than I have in several years. So much so that I have to cut a couple for now.

But my "will buy" list is:
Hoth Han
Tauntaun
Probe Droid

Had to put ESB Vader on hold (til I sell some stuff on ebay) and will ax Grievous for the foreseeable future. HT's Iron Man Mark 42 (my only non-SW) is in the mix here somewhere.

Someone mentioned in another thread that it almost seemed like Sideshow was hurrying up and releasing everything they've every hinted at in the past, almost as if they are trying to tie up and finish the line! :horror

Darth Vader is for sure on my "will buy"-list as well. Will not arrive untill end of March though (in "mine" online store). And a "2.0" ROTJ-Luke (if he would ever will be released)

Wow, hadn't really thought about how much was coming out this year... and good chance we can add at least one SDCC figure to that list and maybe one or two more figures will make it under the 2014 cut-off. Although I'm sure a few of these will also get delayed and cross over... but probably the most stacked line-up we've had in a long while.

I'm currently in for 7 of these, thankfully my almost exclusively OT collecting offers some protection :lol

On that list I'm in for:

Darth Vader
General Grievous
501st Clone Trooper
Echo & Fives
Security Battle Droids
Captain Rex Phase II

I love the fact that there ARE releases, but I just feel sideshow needs to pull away from the thousands of Clone differences, and enough battle droids. On that list I Have Vader, and on PO Luke/ Solo Hoth.

Lets see a Biker Scout on bike, ATAT Driver and a proper TIE Pilot. Not the Marmit stuff.

2013 was indeed slow for the 1/6 Star Wars line with only 5 releases over the first 8 months, 4 of them taking place in the first quarter.

2014, with 17 planned release until now, is the third most cluttered year behind 2007 and 2011 both seeing 18 releases in that scale. Half being clones or battle droïds is kind of underwhelming but i guess that's a small price to pay if it means we'll get more impressives pièces such as Grievous and probe droïd in the coming years.

Someone mentioned in another thread that it almost seemed like Sideshow was hurrying up and releasing everything they've every hinted at in the past, almost as if they are trying to tie up and finish the line! :horror

Ah-ha! I understand this thread's point now. That's an excellent observation. With Disney taking over STAR WARS, its just a matter of time before all of Lucas' old alliances with toy companies have to be renegotiated.

Sideshow cashing out? Hell, I would.

Ah-ha! I understand this thread's point now. That's an excellent observation. With Disney taking over STAR WARS, its just a matter of time before all of Lucas' old alliances with toy companies have to be renegotiated.

Everything as far as toys goes was already re-negotiated after Disney took over. Nothing's changed apart from the longevity of the deals.

Doesn't Lucas hold the second largest amount of shares in Disney after the Steve Jobs estate? I'm sure he will do all he can
to protect his shares in Hasbro, if that's the case.

Everything as far as toys goes was already re-negotiated after Disney took over. Nothing's changed apart from the longevity of the deals.

I'm sure that is correct and certain. But who knows what they settled on. Settled. I'm sure the deal everyone thinks they understand here is not the deal that was hashed out. So it does not guarantee any length of time that Sideshow has this license thru Hasbro. And even if it did, the chain of command will change. People have relationships and do not necessarily want to deal with brand new hoops to jump thru. Things will change.

Back