2009 1/6 Line Direction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, we need Clone Commanders for sure. Gotta have Cody, Gree, Bly, Bacara, Neyo, etc.

Looks like i'm not getting Dooku any time soon. I haven't ordered a star wars figure in forever, I'm just not interested in obscure imperials and Army builders (anymore at least) I have enough room for the figures I really want and Sideshow just isn't making them. Where's Dooku? Lando? Padme(not counting the one they made)? And most importantly :chew:chew

Yeah i want some others before i want troopers as well. (only figure i got on order is vader)

Well, I think some folks are taking this news a bit too literal.

I don't see it as saying 2009 will be exclusive to armored characters, just that offerings will probably be 75% armored characters 25% non.

I'm sure we'll see a Padme, Tarkin, Lando, Dooku or other non-armor characters of some kind, just not as heavily as past years that have been completely armorless.

A few more years and it will ESB's 30th. Calling it right now, ESB heavy in 2010!

Anyway, I'll probably pick up the Sandtrooper, but this means I am certainly passing on the regular Stormtrooper, I'm actually ok with my Hasbro VOTC version.

40 figures in and only two figures specific to ESB? Wouldn't have called that.

A few more years and it will ESB's 30th. Calling it right now, ESB heavy in 2010!

I think that's a safe bet. Yes we're 40 figures in, but up until late 2007-2008, we hadn't seen ANH represented at all. PT Jedi and Jabba's palace were the only well represented groups up until this past year.

I think the line is going fine and look forward to seeing where 2009 takes it.

Since it is the armored year and I collect OT Imperials armored or not, I wouldn't mind seeing in the near future the following figures:

- Darth Vader ESB, ROTJ and maybe ROTS (and helmet reveal if possible)
- Sandtroopers with orange and black pauldrons (Squad Leader and Corporal)
- Scout (I will use the Hasbro speederbike for him)
- Snowtrooper (with E-Web cannon :monkey5)
- General Veers with armor and helmet
- AT-AT Driver
- TIE Fighter Pilot
- Death Star Gunner
- Royal Guard (I have the RAH one but wouldn't mind if SS makes one)
- McQuarrie Darth Vader
- McQuarrie Stormtrooper
- McQuarrie Snowtrooper

Your list is my list

I would love a Snowtrooper and Biker Scout with Bike. I love the Hasbro one, but SS would own it.

I skipped displaying the Hasbro scout bike as I havent the room (but I do intend to give it a makeover and display it), I also passed on the batpod,

That said Ive got Trinity on the Ducatti by GG in amongst my 1/6th scale collectionea

so . . . however I paid a fair sum for it second hand of the bay,

If they are gonna do Scout and Bike combo

It would have to be comparable to Trinity of her Ducatti by Gentle Giant

I know ones a statue and this one probably wont be but to buy it combined for what Im expecting to pay :

$220 for biker and bike from SSC

Then it better be similar quality

Question: What was the cheapest price you knew of, for a pre ordered Batpod and TDK suit Batman ??? somthing in that region ???

How about the biker stand and floating bike somehow, thats something they could impress me with ! making me part with my monies

Clear perspex or maybe a way to join bike to scout so he can be posed like this, somthing that runs up the back of the scouts leg ??? would have to be a weighted or large base to counter the area of the scout leaning and the bike ????

bikerstatgg.jpg

What would you pay to pose the above in a 1/6th version ?

Last edited:
I'm kinda glad they're going heavy on the armor. I really only need Vader and a standard Stormtrooper, Jango and Boba. Hopefully I can save a few bucks if they push the clone commanders and the repaints, because I aint got the room for 'em.

As far as Clone commanders I only really want Gree & Cody other then that I can only really swing enough cash for maybe 1 fig a month or more realistically with the price hikes 1 every 2 months, having said that I'm getting 1 every month so far till May:google:horror:crying

While the focus is on armored figures, I hope Sideshow wouldn't forget about the creatures and aliens of SW. I am keeping my fingers crossed to see at least 2 of these in 2009.:emperor

How about the biker stand and floating bike somehow, thats something they could impress me with ! making me part with my monies

Clear perspex or maybe a way to join bike to scout so he can be posed like this, somthing that runs up the back of the scouts leg ??? would have to be a weighted or large base to counter the area of the scout leaning and the bike ????

bikerstatgg.jpg

What would you pay to pose the above in a 1/6th version ?

I think it's much easier to make a resin statue stand like the GG Scout statue supported by the trooper's leg. Not sure how SS could make the same effect. I have the Hasbro speederbike and I'm going to use it when the SS Scout is going to be released. I might even buy 2 scouts to have one on speederbike.

I think we will see about 4 armored characters, and the rest will be regular releases.
At the armour price points, they may be alienating some of there core collectors.

In that Q&A, SS doesn't really specify what they mean by "year of armored figures". They could just be referring to the figures that will ship this year, and consider Vader, Stormtrooper, EU Stormtrooper, Utapau Clone, and Sandtrooper to be a very large helping of armored figures. Surely there will be one more announced this year, but the way it looks there might not be any more to ship by the end of the year.
Do you think Lando in Skiff Guard outfit, or Skiff Guards count as armored figures?

Would be cool if Lando in the gaurd outfit was considered an armor character, though I would much rather perfer Lando from TESB.

Not a huge fan of the trooper figures, but would really like to see SS do a Jango or Boba figure(I don't really feel like paying $150 for the medicom one until I see what SS can do).

Sweet, this is also my first post.

We at least need Greedo, jawas, sandpeople and Tarkin from ANH. One or more of these sprinkled in with the armored characters would be nice.

Back