1st 1/4 SSE Mummy on eBay!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FrankenFan said:
That's a good argument for the figure, itself, but, once you factor in the sarcophagus, I think it becomes less compelling. The blues, reds. greens, and golds of the color edition bring out the detail much better than the grayscale scheme.

But, since your PF UM collection is comprised of SSE's you should probably keep the gray for continuity, and, as others have pointed out, it may be the more difficult piece the track down in the future.

If you do decide to sell the gray, I hope you will offer it to a fellow board member in the the spirit of the "Mummy Lottery Buddy Thread." I recall Jeff A. Simon and Vince were both left out in the cold.

plzg.jpg
If you decide to sell the grey, I hope you list it on ebay and get as much as you can for it.

Bannister said:
If you decide to sell the grey, I hope you list it on ebay and get as much as you can for it.
Not to worry. My wife is very eBay-savvy (she has a higher feedback rating than I do on her account!), as well as being quite aware of the secondary market value of my collection. The only allowable option for me ever selling my stuff is eBay. :D

RoboDad said:
Not to worry. My wife is very eBay-savvy (she has a higher feedback rating than I do on her account!), as well as being quite aware of the secondary market value of my collection. The only allowable option for me ever selling my stuff is eBay. :D
I think that it is good to give a break to the people on the forum every now and then because you just never know when you might need their help in the future. Plus, it isn't always about money and squeezing out every single penny every time. If you can make some one happy here with your mummy and still get a more than fair rate, I say go that route. After all, I am sure someone would have helped you out if the lottery hadn't gone your way.

Last edited:
Darth Roranous said:
I think that it is good to give a break to the people on the forum every now and then because you just never know when you might need their help in the future. Plus, life isn't always about money and squeezing out every single penny every time. If you can make some one happy here with your mummy and still get a more than fair rate, I say go that route. After all, I am sure someone would have helped you out if the lottery hadn't gone your way.

True, Very True, If I can help any board members out just let me know & I will do my best. :D

TOE, If there is ever a Sideshow item I can help you get let me know & I will do so. :D

RoboDad said:
Tell your wife she is awesome.:rock:rock:rock

RoboDad said:
:lol that could kind of suck too.
She ever tell you to not buy a piece cause it'll be on ebay at a lower price?

occulum said:
:lol :lol :lol
"Honey the edition size on this piece is too large. You are just going to have to wait."

occulum said:
It happens a lot (whether it's a piece I intend to keep long-term or not). And yes, it does suck. But that's OK. She is forgiving enough of my habit that I can't complain. Much. :D

RoboDad said:
It happens a lot (whether it's a piece I intend to keep long-term or not). And yes, it does suck. But that's OK. She is forgiving enough of my habit that I can't complain. Much. :D

Come on folks lets not give RoboDad a bad time, If one has to go It has to go. I still say keep them both if there is any way.

The Monster said:
Come on folks lets not give RoboDad a bad time, If one has to go It has to go. I still say keep them both if there is any way.
Thanks for the moral support (although cash donations would also be appreciated! :D). When I ordered it, I really was hoping to be able to keep both. Then I could have an excuse to fill out both the color and SSE versions of all of the monsters. I'm still pleading my case, but so far it doesn't look too good (I just collect too many lines!). :(

has she watched 40Yr Old Virgin yet Robo?

I mean youre investing in your future for the love of God.

How big a Mummy (Universal Monster) fan are you? I had both and the more I looked at them the more I liked the SSE version. However, since I realized that I'm not a big Universal Monster fan in general and the main reason I liked the Mummy in the first place isn't because of Boris Karloff but because of my interest in Ancient Egypt and because the sarcophagus looks so damned cool, the regular was the way for me. So I decided to let the SSE version go. Plus the decision was made a lot easier because I got something cool in return otherwise I probably would have kept the SSE! :rolleyes: I guess I didn't help much. :lol

Back