13" DC Direct Sgt. Rock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The odd base body makes them a stand alone item for most collectors. They really only display with other DCD 13" figures. Without having any crossover potential for display or "play" with actual 1/6th scale figures, the value for most general 1/6th collectors is pretty low. Doesn't do much for the figures popularity at retail or on the aftermarket. Sgt Rock as an example is a very nice figure but most military figure collectors who might have picked him up in 12" 1/6th scale took a pass due to his size. Too bad thay went this way. Until I recieved my first DCD figure (Superman) I didn't realise how huge it would be.

The size overall actually worked out for me for this character, considering the scrawny, below 12" vintage style GI Joe body used for the Dreams and Visions version of Sgt. Rock. I admit this figure sorely sticks out among my WWII figures, but since I don't have many GI's I posed Sgt. Rock next to my PF Indy, which visually neutralized the size a bit.

My only peeve with this figure is the "normal" scale of the accessories, since I was expecting a newly tooled Thompsom that should be slightly larger than 1/6, but along with the other pieces (helmet, grenades, etc.), it seems to have come from the same factories in China that turn out the DML, DiD, etc. accessories. I swapped the Thompson out for one of the earlier oversized, Hasbro Hall of Fame Thompsons, which is toy-like in comparison but it works out since this figure is a comic character. I am now looking for oversized grenades and looked through the Hall of Fame ones I still have, but the difference is too slight to outweigh the metal pin rings in the DC Direct grenades; I'd appreciate suggestions about some oversized grenades, though.

I wish DC would do a 13" comic book treatment of Sgt. Rock's nemesis, the Iron Major, complete with his historically inaccurate uniform and accessories just like Sgt. Rock's.

Last edited:
I just got my Sgt. Rock at thumbsatplay.com, my first time to buy at this company, for $40 plus $6.95 flat rate UPS Ground shipping.

Thanks bro! Just ordered 1 too:rock BTW, how do you like the figure?

Sorry, you already posted your thoughts about it. Didn't realize until I posted.

I thought the Sgt Rock GIjOE figures were pretty kewl.

Mattel gives us hope for decent true 1/6 scale figures.

Back