12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Sideshow Henry Jones

The head initially struck me as a big, but it may be the neck that makes it look a little off to me. Trevor's unpainted sculpt looks really great, don't like the hat though.

I am probably biased because I am an Indy fanboy but overall I think it looks great. Would probably rather have a non sculpted tied though.

Would probably rather have a non sculpted tied though.

While I agree that would have been nice, I imagine the choice was to make the tie keep in scale and look nice, so I'll take it, i'd rather a good looking tie than more authentic material with it looking silly.

While I agree that would have been nice, I imagine the choice was to make the tie keep in scale and look nice, so I'll take it, i'd rather a good looking tie than more authentic material with it looking silly.

This is true it would have to be very well done for it to work but I suppose if sculpt was the only way they could get it to look right then I guess that is what it has to be.

so just wonderng. any of the kurgans planning to get this guy just to customize Ramirez?

lol
I have to be honest here... If he came with two heads, I'd be considering it :gun

Guess I could figure out a way to make a copy and add hair to it though. (I have ZERO casting skills) or pick up a loose head on the bay and add the hair.

i wonder when play.com will have him up for preorder?

i wonder when play.com will have him up for preorder?

forbiddenplanet.co.uk have it up for 79.99. but i got mine from sideshow and even with shipping it (will) cost me less for the exclusive. £65 with my points, but it would still be about £72 without unless i've done my sums wrong!

headsculpt is quite nice.

I think the price will be a little bit cheaper than the previous medicom one.

I'd pre-order it to stand with my SS 12" indy.

:banana

forbiddenplanet.co.uk have it up for 79.99. but i got mine from sideshow and even with shipping it (will) cost me less for the exclusive. £65 with my points, but it would still be about £72 without unless i've done my sums wrong!

Plus Vat and a charge from Royal Mail it will be around £85, but at least with Sideshow you are guaranteed to get it

Last edited:

I saw the pics of the "bare" sculpt posted a few pages back - Trevor has nailed Connery perfectly !, it's just a crying shame that Sideshows paint dept will go and screw it up - the final production piece won't be worth the money it'll cost, - Pass !

I saw the pics of the "bare" sculpt posted a few pages back - Trevor has nailed Connery perfectly !, it's just a crying shame that Sideshows paint dept will go and screw it up - the final production piece won't be worth the money it'll cost, - Pass !

That's why mine will be going off to small_studios Josh for a repaint! :rock

Plus Vat and a charge from Royal Mail it will be around £85, but at least with Sideshow you are guaranteed to get it

good point, i forgot about that, but id rather pay the extra and guarrantee having it rather than go with forbiddenplanet.co.uk. i havent had much luck with them so far, they cancelled my indy pf 2 weeks b4 it was due and im still waiting on my two face figure. at least this way im getting the exclusive too!

not so sure that sideshow will paint him poorly. Look at Gandalf, or Old Ben. Beareded old men seem to be something they can do right. and with the fleshcolored resin for the heads, I think he'll come out nicely.

Can we wait until the first in hand pics, before we start ripping the paint application to pieces.

You have been here long enough to know that doesn't happen. I am sure there are all ready people complaining about Boba Fetts paint job and he hasn't even been announced yet. :)

At this point I don't even care anymore. I know SS's paint is always going to be subpar by my standards now, so I am just waiting to get Henry in hand I will send off all my Indy heads for repaints. Anytime a new figure crops up I just conservatively add about $75 to the price Sideshow is asking. That factors in having to replace the body and paint, and usually a shirt or tie or whatever they decide to make the wrong color this time around.

Back