12" ROTS Anakin Skywalker WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unsung hero

Super Freak
Reaction score
Still tweaking the face on this, and the hair is barely started. The bangs are essentially placeholders for now, I'm going to sculpt and cast them separately from the head. I just was tired of seeing what looked like a comb-over.

Sculpted in a combination of Super Sculpey and Super Sculpey Firm.

DSCF0543.jpg

DSCF0546.jpg

DSCF0552.jpg

Unsung that looks great so far. I never get tired of seeing new anakin sculpts. Looking forward to the final product and thanks for sharing your work.

Small update. I've been putting off doing the hair, as I really despise doing it. And I got distracted with another sculpt too. But, I spent about thirty minutes on it tonight, and boy is it tough. You can see where I removed the area where the additional bangs will go.

DSCF0570.jpg

And here is a peek at the other sculpt I got distracted with...

DSCF0566.jpg

It's still in got work to do in the eyes (even though they have progressed since here). Ears are starting to form now too. It's coming along well, hence the distraction. Gotta roll with what ever is working best in the moment!

Small update. I've been putting off doing the hair, as I really despise doing it. And I got distracted with another sculpt too. But, I spent about thirty minutes on it tonight, and boy is it tough. You can see where I removed the area where the additional bangs will go.

DSCF0566.jpg

It's still in got work to do in the eyes (even though they have progressed since here). Ears are starting to form now too. It's coming along well, hence the distraction. Gotta roll with what ever is working best in the moment!

Looks amazing, but who is it?

I can't tell...

but how do you get such detail into your sculpts? Like those tiny teeth... and the perfect creases in the skin? All your details are so crisp and clean, what tools are you using? What techniques? I, unlike you, cannot sculpt anything that looks remotely good up close (but I still try anyway :D)

I NEED some help, you seem like just the person who could give it to me!

Yup, it's Maul. I did a really crude photoshop to help see it.

DSCF0566copy.jpg

As for tools, I use a small wire loop tool and a dental pick for the lines and details. most of the texture was done with the dental pick too.

I thought it was Maul... its amazing how important his tattoos are to seeing the character.

Very impressive, great expression and the level of detail is very nice.

Yup, it's Maul. I did a really crude photoshop to help see it.

DSCF0566copy.jpg

As for tools, I use a small wire loop tool and a dental pick for the lines and details. most of the texture was done with the dental pick too.

looks great, it looks like you have Ray Park's head impaled on a pole.:rotfl

That made me laugh!

Here the hair is a tiny bit refined, about to really dig in on this and try and finish him up.

DSCF0577.jpg

And here are the tools I use...

DSCF0578.jpg

Looking good Unsung! You know, I noticed that in coloring your Maul head, you obliterated almost all details of the sculpt... I saw that it was still a little transparent over the original picture, so I put the original head over the color and set it to "multiply"... think you can really get an idea of what it'll look like now!

unsungmaul.jpg

when I clicked on the "multiply" setting, it flashed and there was this picture, and I just said, "Wow..."

and thanks for the info on the tools... maybe I'm just not experienced enough to sculpt well, or maybe the oil-based clay I use isn't optimal for sculpting, I just can't get that kind of detail into my sculpts, no matter what tools I use...

Looking good Unsung! You know, I noticed that in coloring your Maul head, you obliterated almost all details of the sculpt... I saw that it was still a little transparent over the original picture, so I put the original head over the color and set it to "multiply"... think you can really get an idea of what it'll look like now!

unsungmaul.jpg

when I clicked on the "multiply" setting, it flashed and there was this picture, and I just said, "Wow..."

and thanks for the info on the tools... maybe I'm just not experienced enough to sculpt well, or maybe the oil-based clay I use isn't optimal for sculpting, I just can't get that kind of detail into my sculpts, no matter what tools I use...

Dude, that's awesome! Thanks for doing that!

And for clay, you should try out some polymer clays. Maul was done completely in Super Sculpey Firm while Anakin was done in a 50/50 mix of Super Sculpey and Super Sculpey Firm. Wasn't that much of a difference, but I'm leaning towards just the Super Sculpey Firm.

oh yeah, and since I helped out a little bit with Maul, I decided to do Anakin too...

unsunganakin.jpg

pretty rough, and the hair/eye colors aren't quite right, but it hints at how great this sculpt is gonna look painted!

Dude, that's awesome! Thanks for doing that!

And for clay, you should try out some polymer clays. Maul was done completely in Super Sculpey Firm while Anakin was done in a 50/50 mix of Super Sculpey and Super Sculpey Firm. Wasn't that much of a difference, but I'm leaning towards just the Super Sculpey Firm.

you're very welcome!

and thanks for the clay advice, but I still haven't found a good portable oven for cheap I could use in my back yard for polymer clays (they give off cancerous gases, you know, if they're heated too high, and I get easily distracted! :lol)

I'll find one eventually I hope...

Back