12" Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Customikey said:
You have a PM.

Is it the stand that comes with Luke, with the Star Wars logo?

Nope, just your average SS stand (they were giving them away during a promotion), still in the bag. :D

If I may chime in with a pro-base note:
My Wolverine (from the Marvel deluxe 12" cinema collection) took a two-foot nose dive to the carpet when I set him aside base-less while making room on the shelf for it. One of the claws broke off right at the knuckles! So there was no possiblility of making a thin styrene "splint" to repair it!:monkey2 I switched it to the alternate un-clawed fist because just having two claws extended looks wrong.
Bases are our friends!

Super glue is your friend, but always have a bottle of nail polish remover close by in case it stabs you in the back and take your girlfriend...

Super Poseable said:
If I may chime in with a pro-base note:
My Wolverine (from the Marvel deluxe 12" cinema collection) took a two-foot nose dive to the carpet when I set him aside base-less while making room on the shelf for it. One of the claws broke off right at the knuckles! So there was no possiblility of making a thin styrene "splint" to repair it!:monkey2 I switched it to the alternate un-clawed fist because just having two claws extended looks wrong.
Bases are our friends!

I would just cut the other 5 plastic blades off and install some real ones.

Customikey said:
Why would super-glue not solve this problem?

From what I experienced, super-glue is only as good as the surface area available, and there's not much with the blade as thin as it is (was). I wonder if model kit glue would work since it "melts" plastic together...

Now that I think of it, the upcoming Medicom Hugh Jackman Wolverine looks enticing!:lol

I'm a Base man myself.
Never go baseless if you truley value your 1/6 scale, three dimensional, poseable artwork!

Think about it for a moment! :slap

Be Well,

Ben

Last edited:
I have a few of those doll bases that you can get in a craft store. Is paying a little more for fancier bases worth it, or is it just a matter of taste?

Super Poseable said:
From what I experienced, super-glue is only as good as the surface area available, and there's not much with the blade as thin as it is (was). I wonder if model kit glue would work since it "melts" plastic together...

Now that I think of it, the upcoming Medicom Hugh Jackman Wolverine looks enticing!:lol

Sanding it down a little would help. I had my Mezco Toyz Hellboy's Liz's (LOL) cigarette snap and it wouldn't reattach at all so I scrapped both sides with sand paper and it stayed.

I'm of the opinion that bases/stands are a good thing,particularly with higher end figures. Even though they stand fine without them,there's no way I'd risk damaging my Marmit Boba Fett or SS Jedi Luke by leaving them on a shelf where they could possibly fall off and get either the figure or it's accessories damaged.

Back