12 inch OBI WAN KENOBI - ANH!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snakebeater said:
lol yeah I understand, but it's a win win for me.. as I'm a 1/6th collector..

Right there with you, PF's look great, but I like that with an articulated body, you can make the PF pose whatever you like and change it when you want, so it's a best of both for me, good sculpts and options :) So who else wants Ben to be shipping in like July :)

The only thing I prefer on Mat Fall's sculpt is the ear. I just wish Sideshow didn't recycle their clothing, hands, and accessories so much.

madden821 said:
At the rate these are going we won't see Ben until Feb 08.

Well, I'm hoping worst case, he'll be this year's Sithmas type gift, we can dress the white bearded old wizard like Santa :)

Hey Faramir, didn't notice you changed your name. :lol

I'm up for a Captain Solo, by this same sculptor!

LOL it's wasn't long ago, so no worries. I have yet to determine if it's permanent or not. :cool:

And I've been hoping the exact same thing. Trevor + ANH Han Solo = best Han figure EVER??? Though I really do like Besping Han despite popular disapproval. I just need all the characters in their ANH looks is all.

As long as the production sculpt is clean, I'm happy. Frankly, I'm hoping the paint is screwy so I can really justify taking a brush to him!!:D

And I find it disheartening that everyone is suddenly comparing Matt and Trev's work like this. The PF Kenobi has ever been held up as a true model of what the PF line could be, and the sculpt is certainly the best of the SW PF's. The likeness is wonderful and I don't think it's fair to compare the work of two different artists in two different scales.

Customikey said:
As long as the production sculpt is clean, I'm happy. Frankly, I'm hoping the paint is screwy so I can really justify taking a brush to him!!:D

And I find it disheartening that everyone is suddenly comparing Matt and Trev's work like this. The PF Kenobi has ever been held up as a true model of what the PF line could be, and the sculpt is certainly the best of the SW PF's. The likeness is wonderful and I don't think it's fair to compare the work of two different artists in two different scales.

Mikey, I hope you don't think I was really trying to compare the two. My comments were more to point out that you have two artists with very unique styles that would never look alike.

Trevor is shaping up to be the best head sculptor SS has ever had, and I see no problem celebrating his 1/6 or even 1/9 scale sculpts over lesser versions done in 1/4 scale. I can't imagine how spot on his work must be in 1/4 scale. :google

I wondered if Trev did Sir Alec.
What a truly remarkable piece of art, THE BEST ANH Ben Ive ever seen.
Youre a rockstar Trevor.
Ill give credit to SS for having the common sense to hire him, but I hope the
overseas factories and quality control dont blow it for us.
Trevor if SS asks who among their stable of sculptors wants to tackle a Han or Luke sculpt
elbow everyone else out of the way and wave your hand screaming "Me,me,me!"

I think every one of the SSC sculptors have done pieces that they absolutely nailed. Not every piece is equal, you can knock one out of the park and hit a foul on the next one.

Anzik Hayes said:
I think every one of the SSC sculptors have done pieces that they absolutely nailed. Not every piece is equal, you can knock one out of the park and hit a foul on the next one.

You said it! That's EXACTLY right. we're just common folks who get it sometimes, and don't other times. Hopefully we come close more often than not, but you can't please everyone all the time. Impossible. I gave up on that, thankfully.

And the funniest thing is how sympathetic one becomes to the guys who miss on a sculpt after you've spent hundreds of hours doing it.LOL! It's definitely easy to say, "well, why couldn't they get this right for crying out loud!" but believe me...it just isn't that simple, sadly. :) You've gotta be trying to imagine the thing painted up while you sculpt, and even doing that, you just don't get everything right. the ears on Alec here are off, but I was so preoccupied with the rest of the sculpt I didn't even notice! it's strange like that. timelines are crazy too.

Trev

I completely understand what you sculpters have to go through. My motto is that if I personally can't do it better, I have no right to complain. I may offer constructive criticism, but I won't complain.

BTW, did we ever find out what his exclusive is? The remote or holo?

Buttmunch said:
BTW, did we ever find out what his exclusive is? The remote or holo?

At a guess, I'd say the holo....

Althought they could bothe be part of an expansion, I suppose, and not come with Old Ben.

With all the positive responses, this is undoubtedly the best head sculpt after the release of Darth Maul.

I just wanted to pop in here and say that TREV...you seriously deserve all the praise you are getting on this sculpt. You're literally carving yourself out a place among the best. Likenesses are my Everest...seeing what you do is endlessly inspiring. Keep it up bro!:woo

Back