12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clone-wars-01.jpg

Definately Vader-esque.

Thats pretty cool, I never noticed that, granted I only have seen the Clone wars cartoon series once but that's a nice little bit of foreshadowing detail for Anakin.

I'm of mixed feelings on Anakin being given a Padawan in the new CW. One one hand, it just feels like a gimic for new figures and character that wasn't necessary. On the other hand, if the story line of Anakin and his Padawan is done right, it would serve to further emphasize his frustrations with being granted a seat on the council but not made a master, as it builds upon his experience and life as a Jedi giving him more credibility as a Knight. As Episode 3 stands now, Anakin's want to be a master seems like whiny frustration with no ground or merrit to argue his case. If he spends time as a teacher to a Padawan, then it takes some of the biatch out of the character and makes some of his Episode 3 frustrations more justifiable.

I'm really not feeling that whole Anakin has a padawan thing but not disliking it enough to not follow the new series.

I do like the Vaderesque armor being more defined here and wouldn't mind seeing an actual figure of this done in 1/6 to go with Padme, etc. It'd be interesting to see this hairstyling on Hayden's face to see if it even works...

I do like the Vaderesque armor being more defined here and wouldn't mind seeing an actual figure of this done in 1/6 to go with Padme, etc. It'd be interesting to see this hairstyling on Hayden's face to see if it even works...

Since the whole costume is more detailed in this new 3D series, definitely base a figure off that as it'll be less cartoony. However, if they did CW Anakin, and I hope they will, the hair should be based on CW volume 1 or 2 and have his AOTC or ROTS hair. This new, middleground style would require total interpretation of how it'd be in a real life context and I just don't see it being successful. As far as continuity, a CW Anakin should fit with Volume 1 look since that's where Padme, Asajj and Obi-Wan come from, but his costume was just his AOTC garbs until Volume 2. I guess the best CW Anakin to make is Volume 2 Anakin and use the 3D costume for reference to get more detailed than the Cartoon Network look.

Anyone else not feeling the whole " Anakin has a padawan" thing? I guess I have to see it first, maybe it'll grow on me.

Yeah i'm definitely not feeling it seems real lame,and screams toy makerting opportunity.(like i said before i hope i'm surprised but i'm not counting on it.)

Anyone else not feeling the whole " Anakin has a padawan" thing? I guess I have to see it first, maybe it'll grow on me.

At all! I love the CW cartoons and even the Dark Horse comics. I will watch this regardless, but have a bad feeling about it.

I'm with Sean. If they play it right then it gives some of what happened in ROTS more bite. On top of what the Novel does and other bits and pieces I've read.

Heath and the development team talk about armored figures in the new podcast. They talk about the new body, armor, Clones, Stormtroopers and mention... Dengar. Definitely worth listening to.

aside from " it seems like marketing BS to sell more toys" why don't you feel anakin being givin a Padawan? Part of ascention to being a master, IMHO is training an apprentice. sure some masters still take apprentices, but For example, Obi-wan Becomes a Knight, and takes Anakin then Not when He is a master. This is how it was done in our world in Fudal eras, so why not?

I remember someone saying that the elbow armor looked too big or there was a gap. Looking at this picture it looks like Sideshow nailed it. I think that there is supposed to be a gap in thereafter all.

aside from " it seems like marketing BS to sell more toys" why don't you feel anakin being givin a Padawan?
Because it's completely contrived. It was never ever even once hinted at before that Anakin would have an apprentice. Not in the zillions of EU books and comics... and certainly not in the films. What's more, everything about Anakin and his relationship with Obi-Wan and the Jedi Council would point to the opposite of them allowing him to mentor a Padawan of his own.

Clearly, this was just some "wild hair" idea that was made up just to add more "oomph" to the new animated CW. It doesn't fit in at all with what's come before, and that's what is rightfully bugging people.

The funny thing never ever in Vader's history did we hear he had an apprentice and now after 2008 he will have two, one as Anakin Skywalker in the Clone Wars and one as Darth Vader from The Force Unleashed. His character is getting more and more complex but I'm not 100% sure if its for the better.

Because it's completely contrived. It was never ever even once hinted at before that Anakin would have an apprentice. Not in the zillions of EU books and comics... and certainly not in the films. What's more, everything about Anakin and his relationship with Obi-Wan and the Jedi Council would point to the opposite of them allowing him to mentor a Padawan of his own.

Clearly, this was just some "wild hair" idea that was made up just to add more "oomph" to the new animated CW. It doesn't fit in at all with what's come before, and that's what is rightfully bugging people.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:clap:clap:clap

The funny thing never ever in Vader's history did we hear he had an apprentice and now after 2008 he will have two, one as Anakin Skywalker in the Clone Wars and one as Darth Vader from The Force Unleashed. His character is getting more and more complex but I'm not 100% sure if its for the better.

I think it'll depend on the the final product before we can make any conclusions. The fact that we have never heard of these apprenticies before and the "there can only be 2" rule for the sith is buggin me, like everyone else.

I remember someone saying that the elbow armor looked too big or there was a gap. Looking at this picture it looks like Sideshow nailed it. I think that there is supposed to be a gap in thereafter all.

One of the things I've heard in the chat and podcast is how the suits wouldn't work in real life. And in the chat Heath had mentioned making some modifications to the clone armor so that as a figure you would still have poseability. So it sounds like the armor isn't going to be 100% accurate, but will have some tweaks to make it more real-world functional.

To me thats a fair trade-off, especially considering these were all CGI anyway. I assume the Stormtrooper armor would be less modified since it will be based on actual costumes.

Have to agree with you there, and as much as Anakin complains in ROTS, there is no way he wouldn't play the sympathy card of his dead padawan.

I'm glad I'm not alone in my opinion that the fact they just HAD to give Anakin an annoying and yet another "headstrong teenager" apprentice is just dumb. It doesn't fit Anakin's personality. I don't know maybe this is someway they're trying to show that Anakin has a fatherly side or something. Newsflash...we already know how it turns out!

I think it was just a ploy to get yet another half-dressed female character into the Prequel-era genre, since that seems to be the trend.

Back