12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really there is no biggie taking the stock images and doing something with it. Why stir something up over it?

All a matter of perspective I suppose. I totally see Ewan and love the sculpt.
I guess you really, really want to see him.

They both have beards and that's pretty much where the similarities end.

obi-wan332.jpg

This squared-faced figure doesn't look like Ewan.

Yeah it's a great sculpt. I can see were some people can't see Ewan in it, but I thinks it's the paint more than the sculpt.
People get those two things mixed up way too much.:rolleyes:

I actually have no issue with the paint. I've repainted the eyes on ANH Han and Luke to show how simple changes effect the likeness, but this Obi-Wan and Gandalf have great eye paint jobs, the likeness is totally maintained in that regard as far as I see.

I can't comment much on Obi-Wan from others' perspective. I've drawn and sculpted Ewan as Obi-Wan, particularly from this film, several times and poured over countless images time and again, so I have it burnt in my brain and seeing this sculpt brings all that imagery to the forefront of my mind, which marks it's success for me, if it couldn't do that, it wouldn't be so good.

I guess you really, really want to see him.

They both have beards and that's pretty much where the similarities end.

obi-wan332.jpg

This squared-faced figure doesn't look like Ewan.

I think that's a weak argument, I don't see much difference other than subtle hair variations in there. Again, everyone can have their opinion.

That's fine, but the point was, no one walks into a museum, takes the Mona Lisa off a wall and makes it how they feel it should be, they do something fresh from their perspective, even same subject, but they do it from the ground up truly making it their own.

Not necessarily and in this digital age your point becomes less true. Take for example a techno remix, photoshop, or even graffiti art. They both take what has already been made and tweak it a tiny amount, can these forms of expression not be classified as art? Your original remained in existence, someone else just put their personal twist on it. I don't really see anything wrong with that.

At first I thought it was medicoms. But I can't believe sideshow actually came out with a armored body.:) Really digging the everything, except the sculpt. I am really having a hard time seeing Obi in it.:confused: Regardless, this is a sign for greater things to come. :D

Not necessarily and in this digital age your point becomes less true. Take for example a techno remix, photoshop, or even graffiti art. They both take what has already been made and tweak it a tiny amount, can these forms of expression not be classified as art? Your original remained in existence, someone else just put their personal twist on it. I don't really see anything wrong with that.

Well, it's over anyway, so stop trying to piss the world off today and move on with your life.

What are we talking about here? :confused:

Well, when I showed the new Obi headsculpt to some friends (without showing the rest of the body), they recognized him as Ewan's Obi-Wan, so that's good enough for me.

Stop down-playing the awesomeness of this figure!

Wow - been recovering from a stomach virus all day, so this is the first chance I've had to log on and check out the toyfair announcements. Like practically everyone else I'm impressed.

I usually prefer only film specific characters, but this guy is just too impressive to pass up a PPO, not to mention he marks the beginning of a new era in Sideshow's Star Wars line. He also just looks like a fun figure to have around - it's going to be a blast to pose and photograph this figure.

Sideshow has truly stepped up their game. Awesome work! :rock

You've been trying to piss people off in this thread and the Gandalf thread today, very immature and unproductive and annoying.

The only thing immature around here is your response. I am just having a discussion on a discussion board Maulfan. Why can't we talk about our likes and dislikes, about these plastic little doll men? :confused:

Back