12" Bespin Han Solo headsculpt vs. AMAZING custom headsculpt...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVILFACE said:
THAT looks like Indiana Jones.

I agree. I would love to see that same sculpt without facial hair. I bet it would make a perfect ESB Han.

That's Arnie Kim's right? Well I doubt he'll sell this one but if he does you can expect to pay BIG Bucks for one. He is selling 30 Bruce Lee figures for $300 a piece.
I also hear he's selling castings of the Bruce Lee head sculpts he's made for $80 a piece. He had a nice Bruce Lee website, but I can't seem to find the link to it.

Who cares what Han's face looks like! We all know we ordered the exclusive for the mynock!

screamingmetal said:
That's Arnie Kim's right?

Nope. Those are Jim Maddox sculpts. Available through Hero Heads online, or through eBay seller tk570. They can go for as little as $15 or $20. The neck posts come cored out to fit a Dragon body.

I like many of Jim's sculpts -- he's got a killer Laurence Fishburne -- but many have a rough finish to them that doesn't take paint well. The Ford sculpts fall into this group, and so does his Bogart. They look better unpainted.

I'll try to post some decent pix of some of my Maddox heads, plus one other Ford head I have. Got family visiting today.

Darklord Dave said:
screamingmetal wasn't referring to the original pic but the latest link which is Kim's.
Yes, I was referring to the image in the link posted by Mookeylama on the previous page.
I actually have several Jim Maddox sculpts. Including some unknown ones like Spock and maskless Wolverine. I also own his Indiana Jones head sculpt with resin hat and that little surprise Lonnie Hale includes in the set. ;)
I haven't painted mine yet. I Have his shirt, jacket, bull whip, and I have a pare of Dragon boots that are perfect but now that Newline makes the Indy boots I plan on buying a pare of those.
All I'm missing is his musette bag, belt, holster and gun, oh and some pants so little Indy doesn't scare the natives. I haven't looked for the pants or Musette bag lately. Maybe Dragon or DID has finally put out a bag that's perfect now?
Can anyone recommend a bag that's the right color and type?
Sorry for not being more specific in my original post.

I'm the one who's sorry I blew straight past that link without looking at it. It leads to a site I'd found through Google about a year ago; I emailed the guy and he sent me Arnie's link.

I have only two painted Maddox heads, the Bogart and Blade Runner Ford, and it's what made me think I'd leave the rest unpainted and just display them as heads. Here's a peek in my display case:

headsUP.jpg

That's Maddox's Matrix Fishburne, a ..shudder...recast of the Toys McCoys Indy, which I got on eBay (and still feel guilty over, but who can find the real McCoy, much less buy it?), and the Maddox Indy head-and-hat combo (but Lonnie didn't send me any "extra" -- whatsat?). Finally, a mystery female head I found on eBay, purporting to be Diana Rigg as Mrs. Peel, though the hair is wrong. I may have to paint it to find out who it looks like. If anybody recognizes it, please let me know. I don't think it's a recast, but the neck post hasn't been cored out for a figure like the ones Lonnie sells, so who knows.

I found Arnie Kim's great Bruce lee web site. :(
https://www.enterbay.com/home.html
The special surprise Lonnie included in my order was a 1/6 Idol casting. It may have been something he was doing for a short period of time or something that I got for buying a couple of heads at the same time.
Yeah the head sculpts can be rough. I haven't yet painted my Jones head or the others, I haven't had the money to do the needed costume search. so I just bought the heads for later use just incase they sell out.
I see that you also have the McCoy Marilyn. Great figure, bad paint job. Her hair looks like it's made out of candy to me.
That mystery head sculpt pictured there looks almost like Jackie Kennedy to me. :dunno
It kind of looks like it was recasted from a bust. Maybe Gentle Giant or someone originally made it?
Lonnie doesn't always core out the neck post, I have a few that haven't been drilled out, it could be one of his.
I haven't bought a Matrix Fishburne, that's one high on my list. The head sculpt looks perfect.
Price edited so Gruff Old Bear won't get in trouble.

Last edited:
Actually, Enterbay is a brand-new business enterprise Arnie is doing with some partners we can only hope are honest people. He tried once a couple of years ago with a San Francisco-based company he's still feuding with. Let's hope Enterbay manages to bring his figures to market, because currently they are only available in very small quantities, at museum prices, directly from him, and he's in Seoul and isn't entirely comfortable with English (although I thought he did pretty well in written communications).

By the way, the photos on the Enterbay site are Arnie originals. If the production figures actually match his custom figures, there'll be some woebegone collectors out there. Both the initial price that was announced and the higher price reported here on the board a few days ago are cheaper than the originals by far.

Arnie's own blog, which you can spend quite a bit of time wandering through, is https://blog.dreamwiz.com/gud2js/. Check out "My Art Works." You'll find his younger Ford sculpt -- Solo as stormtrooper. Arnie also has a site at https://blog.naver.com/arnie2002. His email address is listed on the first site, and that's partly how I reached him after searching about a year. Seungjoo Kim (of the link I missed) also referred me to a friend or relative of Arnie's in the US who acted as a translator and negotiating intermediary.

I'm going to have to photograph some of my collection with my old-fashioned film SLR, because my digital camera is a cheapie with no zoom and flash I can't turn off. That Bruce Lee figure really takes light well, but a flash kills the effect.

The Toys McCoy Marilyn Monroe was being closed out by someone on eBay about two years ago for the very non-Toys McCoy price of about $65. I think the hair might be painted with interference paint, to make it seem bleach-bottle-blonde. I've seen one repainted recently, and the artist focused her gaze for her, spoiling what I think is a very good likeness. One of the nice touches about the figure is that it captures her dreamy look -- the eyes seem out of focus.

Something Sideshow needs to copy when they paint Anakin's eyes, because Hayden C also has a bit of a loopy, mildly walleyed gaze.

Back