12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be interested in seeing those pics, Seaward. I'm a bit uncertain how to best display him with the cloak. That is why I bought the exclusive after all. :eek:

Here is a tiny shot from the side that I found on google, these were harder to find then I thought, but the ranger cloak is rolled and slung across the front, in a similar fashion to the bedroll on his back:
aragorn_rocks_tn.jpg

I'll still be looking for a bigger, clearer picture though

alright, so I found a clearer image from the front. It looks like he has the cloak rolled up and strapped across his chest, but I can't for the life of me figure out what is keeping it there, as it isn't strapped under another belt or anything. It looks like two little ropes or thongs tie off the cloak to a belt at the top and bottom of the rolled cloak. I thought this would be a cool way of posing the exclusive though.
lotr-1.jpg

Seaward said:
Thanks for all the cool pics Monk! They really showcase how nice the sculpt is, and the beard looks a lot lighter on yours than some others.

I have a weird question though. I was watching the Fellowship again the other night (part of it anyway till I fell asleep), and the Exclusive cloak has me puzzled. In some scenes Aragorn has the cloak on with the bed-roll and quiver outside the cloak, which looks cool, and he also has the cloak wrapped around him, like another belt across his chest in other scenes. Anybody know if this second description is a possibility with this figure. I'll try to google-search some images to show what I am trying to describe!

Thanks!
Chris

does he have the cloak on over the quiver and bedroll in any scenes? that's how i have him displayed now. it's folded over the shoulder and quiver so it looks like he could get to the bow and arrows quickly if need be. looks pretty sweet that way, but if he never has the cloak over the quiver in the movie i might change it. lil worried about getting the bedroll over the cloak since it's pretty tight and can't be adjusted like the quiver.

Mookeylama,
I'll have to keep searching for the picture where he has the cloak over the leather surcoat, and the bedroll and quiver over that. It is from the midgewater marsh scene, with the hobbits and the flies from the fellowship. It's really brief, but I keep trying to cram everything on to him!!!

I noticed a shot of him with the cloak wrapped around his front when i was doing a google image search the other day. At first I thought that might be what the black sac was for, but alas it turned out to be a arrow sleeve. I imagive you could find some thin pieces of twine and wrap up the cloak and then figure out a way to tie them together across his chest.

yeah but i bet the rolled up cloak would look waaaay too bulky in front like that. i don't think it would look natural. it's not made out of very thick material but at this scale it wouldn't look like it does on Aragorn in the movies

Just opened the box today, and I will be fixing Aragorn alright.

1. Put him back in the box.

2. Send him back to SS.

The kicker was looking at the pics on the box and looking at the figure I had in front of me.

Just my 2 cents ::runs and ducks::

Thanks SS.

nash said:
was something defective or you just didnt like it?

It looks nothing like the product I thought Id receive.

The quality is not there. I know whats been said about prototypes and final production figures. But to place a picture on the box of an item that is so much better than what I got, well, back it goes.

I also do not want to "customize" it. I should not have to. None of the pictures posted on this thread from owners of this figure have impressed me. Even the customized ones. So I see no alternative but to return this expensive figure back to SS.

Again just my opinion.

Too bad. :( I just held the product box up to the figure, and the image and the figure are practically indistiguishable. I don't see how they could have done any better, short of a laser scan of Viggo's head.

I know I was pretty frustrated with mine until I actually got it into a pose I liked. But, I have to say, that I've felt that way with all of my 12" figures. That may be a part of the problem you're experiencing.

Also, it could be that you got a bad apple, while I got a golden one. :D

"He's known as Strider. He's one of them Rangers..."

Ok, I wish to go on record that after taking the figure out and setting him up with all of his gear, Aragorn has become one of my top 5 figures in my collection. :cool:

The following pictures do not do it justice. This thing is a amazing, period. I will be retouching his beard to reflect the more scraggly look that Viggo had but wow! I'm truly impressed with this figure. It's been a while since a figure has done that. Obi-Wan is my favorite Star Wars 12" fig but Aragorn is above him, in my opinion.

I will admit to being a naysayer from the moment that people started posting production pics but this figure is a beauty. It may not be the "10" of the prototype but it's a definite "9", in my book. Let's just say that when the rest of the line starts being released, if they are as amazing as this figure, I'll be one happy eagle...

I apologize in advance for these terrible pics. They were taken after midnight this morning and I didn't want to spend additional time setting up the lighting and "set". Perhaps another day.

"The same blood flows through my veins..."

"...you'll have my sword."

"...and my bow, too..." ;)

"Elessar...":ogat

"Hmmm... He looks familiar...":monkey3

"Alright, toss me. But don't tell the elf..."

CPT R. Sharpe said:
Just opened the box today, and I will be fixing Aragorn alright.

1. Put him back in the box.

2. Send him back to SS.

The kicker was looking at the pics on the box and looking at the figure I had in front of me.

Just my 2 cents ::runs and ducks::

Thanks SS.

Did you get the exclusive? I'm sure that there are many here ( myself included) who would take it off your hands.

Indeed, Josh.

I am a bit worried about Legolas, though. He really does look like a toy... :(

(Let the Chicken Little Syndrome commence... :lol )

The figure at SDCC looked fine. The hair I'm not as big of fan of. I would have liked them do put it all on the back like with Qui-Gon. The legs on the figure looked fine no chicken legs IMO. I think overall he'll look pretty solid. However, it will be after the new year till we find out.

Monk said:
Indeed, Josh.

I am a bit worried about Legolas, though. He really does look like a toy... :(

(Let the Chicken Little Syndrome commence... :lol )

He is the one I am the most worried about, as mentioned mostly due to the hair.

Here is a pic from SDCC, if it looks like this, I will be satisfied. Hey no beard to worry about, and the hair color should be easy enough. :wacky

SanDiegoComicCon2006037.jpg

I'd just like to point out today is Aragorn's Birthday. Happy Birthday Viggo! Sideshow got his figure out just in time for his birthday huh?

Back