12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOTRFan said:
Or at least the right strand (our left), that is very distracting.

Sideshow12inAragorn2024.jpg

Damn LF, you are rocking the image thread bro!

Thanks guys, I have to say, that with a few "fixes" to the hair, the likeness is really there! I am not trying to toot my own horn with the pic, but really; can anyone say that doesn't look like Aragorn?! Perhaps the ONLY gripe is the beard, but it really isn't that big of a deal. Kudos to Mat Falls! :clap

Sideshow12inAragorn2024.jpg

aragorn.jpg

Nice work Sideshow! :cool:

Nice pics Matt! This piece is MUCH better than the stuff said about it when the first pics showed up. I'm glad to see it getting its due now.

How tight do you have the belt?

Also where do you have the stand holding him at? I've got mine below the waist.

Mines just below the waist, but inside of the green coat... that way the bulge from the back of the stand gets covered up.

galactiboy said:
Mines just below the waist, but inside of the green coat... that way the bulge from the back of the stand gets covered up.

That sounds right.

The belt is somewhat tricky, that rubber buckle doesn't make things all too easy. Mine is pretty tight, so that the stand doesn't cause it to bunch up too much.

Sideshow12inAragorn2004.jpg

I got my Aragorn today and all I can say is WOW!!! What an amazing piece! The pictures certainly don't do him justice. The attention to detail on this figure is just remarkable. Sideshow really hit a home-run with this one. The only problem I have is the ranger cloak. It was supposed to be green according to the prototype pics but came out black. Other then that, everything is great. And his tootsie-roll hair is kind of nice! :eek: His beard is not too thick and the sculpt definetely looks like Viggo! If all the LOTR 12" are going to be like this one then SW 12" can say goodbye for all I care! Great work SIdeshow! :clap :clap :D

Nice pics everyone!! I can't wait to repaint this bad boy.... It's gonna be nice. It is good to see the negativity starting to melt away, he looks great!

carbo-fation said:
The only problem I have is the ranger cloak. It was supposed to be green according to the prototype pics but came out black.

I think that the darker color is actually accurate to the character, I guess the green prototype was a mistake they corrected.

THanks Matt! I'll see if I can get mine any tighter. It just seems too loose. It could be though because they had it looped wrong.

Thanks for the pics.. LOTRF.. I must say I was a little shocked when I first opened him (ups box) ... now you have restored hope in it for me!!

I can't wait to buy a camera to take pics of mine own.. but I can't afford one. :D :D

Just got my Strider and I love it. It looks much better in person. Big problem though. Why is my exclusive elven cloak black? Has anyone else noticed this?

BadMoon said:
It is green on the website though. Is black more film accurate I can't really recall?

Yeah, I was looking at that just last night actually. Black is more film accurate.

Great! That makes me feel better. I have all of the SW 12' so far. I have to say this is their best one yet. I couldn't be happier! I still have to get over opening them all. This is the first time I have ever opened or displayed anything in my collection. Oh well. Maybe it will lead to me opening everyting else one day.

BadMoon said:
Great! That makes me feel better. I have all of the SW 12' so far. I have to say this is their best one yet. I couldn't be happier! I still have to get over opening them all. This is the first time I have ever opened or displayed anything in my collection. Oh well. Maybe it will lead to me opening everyting else one day.

I know what you mean! I just recently opened up all of my 12" figures and I must say that Aragorn beats them all. :D

You gotta open all these! These SS items are so awesome they need to be shared in all their posability!!:chew

I agree! I have opened them all. Well I might as well admit that the only one I haven't is Anakin comicon version. I just don't see the point. As for the others yes go ahead and open them! I finally took the plunge about 2 months ago and it was so much fun.

Back