12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hunky_artist said:
aragorn5.jpg

That picture looks excellent, seriously, the best I have seen to date! :clap Great job.

The hair higher up on the head looks good. I think that was one of the problems with the production version was that Viggo Mortensen has a higher hairline then the production figure and, although it is a little thing, having it be lower changes the look.
Great work by the way, I'm likking it

hunky_artist said:
well, I had a some time today where I couldnt do any more work on my SS Obi-Wan reculpt/repaint, and I couldnt do anything else with my Anakin head cast (waiting 24 hours for silicone to dry) so I figured I'd grab Aragorn and give him the repaint I've been dying to do. (i'm doing Qui-Gon too, but he needs a reculpt too... so Aragorn was the obvious choice for today)

You'll have to excuse the crappy pics, it's late evening here and dark, so I had to hold the head up under the desk lamp (very yellow light it gives off) but you get the idea of how it's changed. I hope it looks alright, I'm quite pleased with it. Although that's not to say I might look at it in the daylight tomorrow and decide to do some more to it... us perfectionists are never happy ;)

I'm still deciding how to sit the hair (I took it off) I might twist it slightly to one side to give it some motion... we'll see tomorrow

As usual, the close up pics show much more bad painting than you actually see in person, lol..... now i just have to wait till tomorrow so i can have a go weathering the clothes and get him all dressed up again!!

Enjoy.......

How did you get the hair off the head?

pixletwin said:
Nice job Hunky_Artist. With Anakin's hair he looks Barry Gibb! :lol

I was going to say Christian Slater wearing a Barry Gibb wig... but Aragon looks excellent, great eyes, beard and eyebrows, very nice, I think you're going to be very happy with him. Congrats! :D

wow, thanks guys..... I just wanted it to look better, but I don't know about 'best to date' I've seen some pretty fabulous Aragorns on here. I think each one has something that is better than mine... but yeah, I'm pretty pleased with it.

I'm in the middle of roughing up the outfit, then i'll put it all back together and get some pics taken...... and then I decide which comes next, cast my anakin or repaint my obi.... or resculpt my qui gon............. lol

too many projects, not enough fingers.....

thanks again though..... :)

DUDE! Do you do comissions? I would SO love to have an Aragorn like that, which is saying a lot cause I'm pretty darn happy with my Strider as he is now--but dude, you nailed it like I can't even believe!

Good work!

just a few more pics after some more painting today (just details, shading, lips, eyes... which are still wrong, but hey... it's the second set of eyes I've ever painted... gimme a break :rotfl ) taken under a more neutral daylight bulb this time

seriously though, I do like everything else on the repaint, just not the eyes.... but i'm going to leave them as they are, the more I try to fix them the more chance i have of permanently buggering them up. I've done them a few times already and the paint is starting to get a little thick on there. dont want to lose the round eyeball look) and once his hair is one and he's on my shelf he looks just perfect.... so I'll leave the eyes as they are.......... probably, lol

Maulfan, I started cutting away from the bottom.... peeling it back and with a sharp craft knife carefully slicing away from the head, when after a while I realised that as i was pulling i heard a 'cracking' sound, which was the glue breaking away from the head.... so after about 15 minutes of prying and pulling and 'some' cutting... i got the thing off.

anyway....just need to gloss the eyes tomorrow and carry on with the clothing weathering I've been doing today and then get him all back together..... :)

....and yes, I do commissions. PM me and we'll see what we can work out :)

aragorn7.jpg

aragorn8.jpg

aragorn9.jpg

aragorn10.jpg

aragorn11.jpg

and he looks the most like Viggo from the angle, something to do with the shape of the mouth. But i cant tell if its the sculpt or the paint. I suppose I can always just pose him with his head raised, lol

aragorn12.jpg

Seriously, that is amazing! I honestly think you nailed it, and that is saying something considering we have some other talents on the board. The skin tones are great, the beard has been thinned very successfully (though perhaps just a touch too much grey); hey, you even sliced his ears off! The cleft in his chin is just right. If I were to get mine repainted, I know who I would be going to.

Really, great work! :clap :fireworks :eek

Well, Aragorn arrived!
And let me tell you, it's one sweet figure!

I'm starting to like that it takes so long before I get my SST figures... I get to see all the crappy online pics and then the awesome custom jobs before actually getting my figure, so I have time to give some serious thought to what each figure needs to bing out its full potential. I'm sure that if I were among the first to get these figures I'd be quite disappointed, but this way I get familiarized with them before ever having them in hand.

Will Aragorn get a repaint? Yes.
Is it a great figure? Yes.

I'm very happy.:D

KamenGuyver said:
hunky_artist's repaint is really fantastic. Very very well done.

I agree. Magnificent work! Lots of personality coming through on the face. I really like the eyes looking off to the side. And the grey in the beard looks perfect.

Customikey said:
I agree. Magnificent work! Lots of personality coming through on the face. I really like the eyes looking off to the side. And the grey in the beard looks perfect.

thanks mikey, that means a lot coming from you. The grey represents that 'light hitting stubble' look that you see on so many shots of aragorn... to the best that paint can do anyway.

EVILFACE said:
Damn, that is some awesome work. You and Les are the best on the board.

well I barely think I'm worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as Les, let alone that..... but thank you, seriously!

Yeah man... I have to say that your Aragorn is fantastic... An A+ effort and seriously the best we've yet seen from you!! I love the eyes to the side as well, nice choice. :rock

Back