12" ANH Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just grateful when people take the time to comment about something of mine at all. Any little nits someone is willing to pick would be put towards improving my work and not against my ego.

Thats always how I intend my critique to SSC or a custom or anything at all.

Honestly, reading the posts he's referring to, it does seem like the posters haven't read the previous posts about the exact same issue. It does get kind of annoying when you keep reading the same criticism that has nothing new added to it.

Well if we gloss over those little annoying posts instead of derailing a thread wouldn't that service all our needs better? :D

I'm just grateful when people take the time to comment about something of mine at all. Any little nits someone is willing to pick would be put towards improving my work and not against my ego.

Thats always how I intend my critique to SSC or a custom or anything at all.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done.

This looks really good Adam, especially the head. I knew I should've bought GG's Leia when it was recently on sale at Entertainment Earth.
I think the Obitsu body may be a little too lean and narrow in general for Leia though. Maybe if you pad her shoulders and hips a little it will balance out with the head size.
Don't be discouraged from posting more in progress pics in the future though!

Putting it back on topic then, I'd like to see SSC make an exclusive variant using this figure, but with a new headsculpt to work as an end of TESB Leia...

Carrie was much thinner in ESB so they'd have to do a new sculpt anyway. But of all the Leia variants I can think of, I don't know that the last shot of ESB would be my first choice (or even my 20th).

Carrie was much thinner in ESB so they'd have to do a new sculpt anyway. But of all the Leia variants I can think of, I don't know that the last shot of ESB would be my first choice (or even my 20th).

If we got that variant of Leia, the OCD in me would need to have Luke from that same scene as well and I can't imagine buying that. So I agree with DarkDave on this one. The only likely "variant" I would buy would be a Yavin Leia, if they ever made one to go with Luke.

A Ceremonial Leia would be an easy custom if you have the Hasbro one - that outfit was pretty well done, just need to sculpt the new hair on her.

If we got that variant of Leia, the OCD in me would need to have Luke from that same scene as well and I can't imagine buying that. So I agree with DarkDave on this one. The only likely "variant" I would buy would be a Yavin Leia, if they ever made one to go with Luke.

Pix I think they will make Yavin Leia just for you. Only because the world revolves around you. :monkey3 :rotfl

Pix I think they will make Yavin Leia just for you. Only because the world revolves around you. :monkey3 :rotfl

:lol:lol:lol

I am glad you know that. Its only a matter of time before everyone else realizes this. :lecture

You're right Dave. I would be a pretty easy custom to make. I know a lot of the Hasbro outfits were pretty passable. But I have never seen a hasbro outfit top what Sideshow could potentially do.

You're right Dave. I would be a pretty easy custom to make. I know a lot of the Hasbro outfits were pretty passable. But I have never seen a hasbro outfit top what Sideshow could potentially do.

Well, the fashion doll Amidalas were pretty darn fancy and were in the Sideshow range in price.

:lol:lol:lol

I am glad you know that. Its only a matter of time before everyone else realizes this. :lecture

Hey, stop trying to steal my thunder! everyone already knows that the world revolves around ME. not YOU. :cool:

Here is a pic of the Hasbro Yavin Leia

toys002.jpg

As you can see, well, its a doll. But the outfit itself is terrific. I am sure SSC could improve on it, especially if they used real metal for the necklace and belt.

They really did well on the hair as well if you're into that sort of thing. *cough*Tonner*cough* ;)

I second the quality of the Amidala figures as well, the dollishness of the face is not a big deal as the simple paint mask covers most of her features anyway.

When Leia's first pics showed up, i'll admit I thought she was...well meh.

:monkey1

I was totally wrong, but I was still bummed about no trigger finger (why supply two guns if she can't hold them right)

Also what was up with SSC giving her different color hands from her face :

:monkey2

DSC00561.jpg

Well thanks to Carl (Irish Jedi) who was nice enough to share his SSC gift cards with us during Xmas.I was able to pick up "'Tomorrow Never Dies Wai Lin"

7714_image04.jpg

So basically For five dollars I got

1. Imo better looking hands and closer not perfect, but closer paint apps.

2. Another SSC stand.

3. Cool custom fodder outfit (for my Alba Dark Angel fig).

4. Yoko Ono headsculpt....:monkey3

So whatcha think?

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00658.jpg

Back