1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That painting was flopped for the poster so a few things are noticeably backwards - R2's dome details, Chewy bandolier/Luke's rank patch on wrong shoulder.
I always assumed they flipped the Luke on TaunTaun promo pic cause they thought it would look better for the action figure card.

I liked Luke on it cause it's just iconic.

hothluke.jpg
hothluke1.jpg

I always assumed they flipped the Luke on TaunTaun promo pic cause they thought it would look better for the action figure card.

They got it right on some of the other posters. Though it appears Yoda's upper torso sprouted from Luke's shoulder upon arrival on Dagobah.:lol Probots in space and Han/Leia watching horror movie is pretty funny too.

19fkpac76vap9jpg.jpg

I found a decent price on this and finally was able to see this guy first hand today. While I would be lying if I said the seam didn't bother the hell out of me overall the figure is fantastic. I may try and get around to making some sort of leather harness to go around the neck but for now I have Starlord riding him and used an old Chewbacca bandolier to drape around the seam. It just looks like he is out on a scavenging hunt with extra ammo and pouches.:wink1:

Manage to display my Taun Taun after finding this shelf. I have to modify a bit. The stock background is black. So I inserted a 3mm thick white acrylic sheet for better viewing the foreground figures. Second, I adjusted the bottom glass shelf to fit the Taun Taun plus rider figures. The empty shelf is now waiting for the release of the Scout Trooper on a Speeder Bike (I hope it will fit the vertical 10" space).

WP_20150621_020_zpshp45hrvx.jpg

Nice display, although that middle shelf looks like it will be a tight fit for the speeder + scout. Isnt the bike itself about 9-10 inches high?

Nice display, although that middle shelf looks like it will be a tight fit for the speeder + scout. Isnt the bike itself about 9-10 inches high?

I believe that measurement includes the stand (I maybe wrong). Bandai is going to release there 1/12 Scout Trooper + Bike at end of this month.
I'm going to use there dimension to verify. Then again, as what I did for my Probe Droid. I will be using a modified stand.

Talk about "Kitty is the Wampa"... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcyK3NouuDM

I finally added this and the Luke to my collection, and I have to say they are extremely impressive! I love the multiple ways that I can display this, and I suspect I'll spend hours posing just for the fun of it!

Sideshow should send their regards to all on this board who posted killer pictures of this with their figures. These pics were responsible at least for one additional sale :wave

Back