1/6th Police Box

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inkeddalek

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Made this 9th 10th Doctor version early last year. Can't have a Doctor without a Tardis. Basically used plastic plywood and arborite custom printed decals. Took ages to find the exact font. I also went with a litter blue, but the plastic itself comes naturally dark blue. Would like input on how to improve on the overall look other than darkening the blue. I have parts cut out for four more of this design and parts cut for two of the Season 18 Tardis. Not sure what to do with them all.

Darn nice, InkedDalek! I happen to like that shade of blue. What font is that, looks good?

A few close ups would be appreciated. So, is it bigger on the inside?:D

How many parts to cut out? Looks like quite a bit of work.

Darn nice, InkedDalek! I happen to like that shade of blue. What font is that, looks good?

A few close ups would be appreciated. So, is it bigger on the inside?:D

How many parts to cut out? Looks like quite a bit of work.

The font is DAVID REGULAR door sign parts for box are over 1 hundred

Last edited:
Dude! VERY nice! I don't have patience to do tech things like that, so I'm even more impressed. Mine always look like a 5 year old with scissors made it (laugh). :horror
Have you seen the pics of my foamboard-constructed space station diorama?. Yea... :(

Last edited:
Yes impressive indeed. Speaking of a five year old with scissors any diorama I have tried to tackle ended up in the trash.

I love that! I'm a big Dr. Who collector. I have the police bank and I'm trying to get my husband to make a 1:6 scale police box but no luck yet. Great job!

Well you know us husbands.
Thanks means alot when people enjoy something made by hand.

That looks GREAT! I have wanted a 1/6 TARDIS forever, but the toy companies seem to avoid it. Just have to make our own.

May I ask which plans you followed? I'm dying to try to make one but I am not the best at following dodgy plans.

Back