1/6th HISS Tank

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

witekite

Super Freak
Reaction score
1/6th HISS Tank: UPDATED WITH WIP PICS

Hi guys I've been playing around with this idea in my head for a little while now and I decided I'm going to do it. I am a huge Joe fan since I was like 3 or 4 and I love the new sideshow Joe line. So what I have in mind here is to build a 1/6th scale HISS tank to go along with the new line. If it turns out well I would like to make more and make them available to members of this forum and whoever may want one. So what I'm doing here is trying to gauge some interest in this idea. Is this something that you guys may be interested in?

Last edited:
Definitely interested.
icon14.gif

I'd love too see it!!... and possibly own one as long as the line doesn't fizzle out:(

I'd love to see it but I have nowhere to display 1/6th vehicles! :(

any pics of previous work?

Sure here are some pics of a few of my custom built models....I need to add that all of these are completely built from scratch like I plan on doing the HISS. I also did some measurements for this bad boy in it will be roughly 30 in long and 18 in high :).

Ok on to the pics...

First up Fighter Tank from the Star Wars Clone Wars game. It has moving pontoons, opening hatch moveable cannons, rotating turret, 2 seat cockpit, opening hatch, and opening missile bays.
picture.php

picture.php

next is a Star Wars AT-OT and Juggernaut
picture.php

picture.php

next is a halo 2 wart hog in scale with the 7 inch line
picture.php

next we have the halo 3 Pelican it has moving thrusters, retractable landing gears, and opening rear hatch.
picture.php

picture.php

finally we have the Lost in Space space pod 3 3/4 in scale
picture.php

and the chariot 1/6th scale
picture.php

Hopefully this gives you guys an idea of what I'm capable of doing vehicle wise.

Are you/were you associated with SCI-FI METROPOLIS for the Lost in Space product line (i.e. the vehicles that were planned in 1:6 scale)?

Those are some really cool pieces and especially nice for scratch-made! The details on the Lost in Space ones and the Republic tank are excellent!:rock

If this pans out I may have to look into making Driver kits.

Hi guys I've been playing around with this idea in my head for a little while now and I decided I'm going to do it. I am a huge Joe fan since I was like 3 or 4 and I love the new sideshow Joe line. So what I have in mind here is to build a 1/6th scale HISS tank to go along with the new line. If it turns out well I would like to make more and make them available to members of this forum and whoever may want one. So what I'm doing here is trying to gauge some interest in this idea. Is this something that you guys may be interested in?

Heck yes..

Im in!!!!!!!!! I would love one! and I have a spot for it! But judging by your other work were talking one hell of a price tag are we not? can you give us an idea on cost?

Ok guys what's going on I've got some progress done on the hiss I'll post some pics later today when I get home from class. As far as cost goes right now I'm not really sure what I want to charge yet but it'll be a fair price.

I think I might be interested in buying a set of plans and drawings if you are able to do that. I think the cost of shipping will probably prevent me from being able to buy it.

Back