1/6th Episode I Blastdoors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did this with red wax I didnt have a pic of the damage with the saber from the movie but it's a start.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

that looks really good. I might give it a go this week end! Thanks for everyone's advice!

watermark.php

I saw this pic at the beginning of the thread I'll get some yellow and white wax and try to duplicate it and I'll post some pics. By the way Prog do you have a template for the door?

great idea lopie,

prog, may want to experiment with some glow paints or florescent paint for the brightness of the melting metal. glow paint would look kick ass IMHO. cant wait to see the end result.

watermark.php

I saw this pic at the beginning of the thread I'll get some yellow and white wax and try to duplicate it and I'll post some pics. By the way Prog do you have a template for the door?

Not really. Anzik Hayes made a cutout template on a poster board that he mailed me and I slightly altered it here and there. I might be able to trace some of the pieces to paper and scan them in if you like.

See what you have started Prog! everybody is coming up with top notch ideas!! Fanchufintastic. For me this is why I love this forum, I am not too bothered about if the new Vaders helmet is to wide!!!! LOL ow I hope I don't offend anyone there. I know how important screen accurate stuff is to some folks.

Keep coming with the ideas chaps..
Dorgmal

I always thought the melting door effect could be accomplished by doing something similar to the ghost rider flame effect: Ghost Rider WIP / Teaser MOD
Thread.

You just need to shape/make from scratch (I can't imagine what semi transparent material you could use that could be shaped on the door) or find a ghost rider piece that has a close enough flame/fire shape and light it from the back to get this kind of effect:

gr_3.jpg

You just need to shape/make from scratch (I can't imagine what semi transparent material you could use that could be shaped on the door) or find a ghost rider piece that has a close enough flame/fire shape and light it from the back to get this kind of effect:
Thats a good idea. If someone made the heat damage out of clay, they can then cast it out of transparent plastic. There’s a company that sells the stuff.

Back