1/6 TIE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big guy

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has made one of the versions of the TIE fighter/Interceptor etc?

The main part I am looking for is the TIE cockpit ball (I`m planning a 151st Interceptor) and the best way to tackle it including the unique cockpit canopy it has.

Just thinking out loud at this stage as I need finish my other projects but gathering Intel/Ref material is always wise.

So piccies (photos) are always GREAT and any technical input to for this future project.

Advanced thanks.

This should be a very interesting project.

On the funny side, but also informative, you could look at the following custom TIEs:

tiefighterdesk01.jpg

tiefighterdesk02.jpg

OMG :clap That is a Mindblowingly amazing pc and desk combo I WANTS ONE :pray:
That is so cool. Thanks for sharing that jkno :hi5:

As for the project I think the hard part will be the cockpit ball, though then again I`ve not built one and someone who has may say otherwise LOL

yea that computer desk owns & about the right scale. a 1/6th tie will eat up a lot of acreage.................:panic:

Good god really that desk is about right size OUCH!!
Thankfully I`m going for the Interceptor version so that drops the height somewhat.
Still looks like it`s going to be a Garage storage job.

Worse case I could only build a half cockpit ala training style.

Two ideas spring to mind . The first would be to check out whether you can get one of those " hamster-ball" thingies from a pet shop ( I'd imagine though getting one big enough would be unlikely ), the second would be using some kind of foot/beachball as a mould and use fibreglass to build the shape on top . This , obviously would depend on you finding a ball the correct size and then the messy business of working with fibreglass . But then , if it was easy , everyone would be doing it ! :lol

HAHA I thought of the Hamster ball as base but like you not sure of size.
The latter sounds more probable but never used fiberglass.

As I said this is for further down the line and just intel gathering and hearing from those who tackled this project themselves at the moment.

Back