1/6 Stop Motion teaser poster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All

While I was on coarse I decided that I would give a stop motion short film (very short lol) ago and I couldn't think of a better option then an Indy short film.

I will show WIP when I have them ready but until then here is a teaser poster a friend did up for me using one of my custom indy's

very cool. if i come into some extra cash i definately want to get a decent camcorder and give this a try. i read there is some awesome software these days to do this.

you are the perfect person to give this a go hemble because I am sure there will be lots and lots of great dioramas in your films!

Hi All

DarthNeil - Cheers mate and I can't wait either lol.

ProgMatinee - Thanks heaps mate and you are correct about the software out there, and the dio sections won't be an issue it's the actual filming that I will be slow at.

Buttmunch - Yeah I figured a year will be a good safe estimate lol.

Ron

you need to get your friends and/or other collectors near you to help pose the figures or run the camera so it goes a lot faster.

Hi All

I figured that I would start work on this film by making the Temples that will be seen from two different views one will be by plane and the other will be from a ledge in the mountians, The size is roughly 1/350th scale so it was made just for distance shots.

RECIPE
I've done a tutorial for this little project so you can see how I made it and what I used. Here is a link to the tutorial section and enjoy. https://www.hemblecreations.com/tutorials.htm and more pics can be seen here https://www.hemblecreations.com/stopmotion.htm.

Ron

ms1.jpg

ms2.jpg

ms3.jpg

ms4.jpg

Very nice, and thanks for the tutorial section. Stop motion is definitely something that I'd like to get into.

And the master customizer does it again! :chew
Awesome (dio? set?) piece you've made. I built a 1:350th japanese castle (Gifu) and my little model looks like crap :rotfl yours on the other hand is a work of art.

Damn I wish I were in Oz to help you (not that you need it) with this. I was having a similar idea a while ago revolving around animating Pendant productions's Indy audiodrama. Great minds think alike, huh? Anyhow, can't wait to see it. Move over, Robot Chicken!!

Hi All

Thanks for all the replies on this guys I really appreciate them all.

Kuat of Kuat - I have some 1/350 scale figures that I wanted to show for comparison size but for the life of me can't remember where I put them.

kaiburr Robot Chicken don't have anything to worry about not yet anyway:lol. I also wish I had help on this as it is a lot bigger project then I first thought.

I just keep taking my time with it and eventually finish it.

d_jedi1 I would like to see your castle dio and thanks for the kind words.

Kuzeh - Yeah I can't wait to see what I do next as well:lol

DarthNeil - You should give it a go mate and glad you liked the tutorial.

Dr.FeelGood - Damn I wish I was on the same par as Harryhausen it would make things alot easier.

Ron

Ron,

If theres one thing i learnt when i did animation, its never try to emulate, just be yourself :D

And as for being like Harryhausen making life easier, read some of his biography...he says himself that doing stop motion animation is a laybour of love :)...you do it because you love it, not because its "easy" :D

Good luck to you son, i have a feeling it'll go fantastically well :D

Kuat of Kuat - I have some 1/350 scale figures that I wanted to show for comparison size but for the life of me can't remember where I put them.

They've run away and set up a secret camp in the carpet. They're not coming out until they've seen and approved your screenplay! :duh

A 1/6 stop motion Indy film sounds like a fantastic project!

Have you settled on a story / theme for the movie?

Cheers,
Rob.

Hi All

Dr.FeelGood - Mate thanks for the supportive words I really appreciate them.

Kuat of Kuat - Damn little buggers are still in hiding, they must hate the screenplay LOL.

phase3 - To be totally honest I have a good story idea for the end but I'm still working on the story for the start.

And with the theme I'm sticking with a Mayan theme at the moment but that could change. I have my brother helping me via email with teh writing as he's in another state so we've been throwing idea's back and fourth.

Ron

Back