1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine should be in hand sometime this coming week. Looking forward to actually checking Snake out in person, rather than having to rely on others pics and videos.

Gave the jacket some sandpaper treatment yesterday, now it looks a bit more distressed.
b97e54c8895d4954eef19859266ecaa2.jpg

The jacket is not thin at all in fact it's way too thick, my treatment to it involves a kind of complex series of steps which breaks it down on both sides to get it as thin and natural as possible. This is especially important to not get the collar looking ridiculous like it does in the picture above, which is how it all came to us (the weathering looks great there though by the way! Congrats)

Thanks, yeah just a little bit of fine sandpaper gently all around
Be careful not to tear a hole in the jacket, I almost did

Snake's jacket was beat to hell. Holes in the jacket were probable. I didn't use sandpaper. I used and x-acto blade. Scrapped off what I wanted. Thanks for the kind words fellas. I'm not feeling the color in my pic, but in person I'm very pleased with it. Just needs to be a tad darker brown.
141ldi1.jpg

Got mine in today--first impressions:

Head was detached from the body-saved me the time to remove it:yess:

Accesories were well painted-no slop-perfect! I will make the silencer matt as well as scope.

Pouches came closed-- and will stay closed.

Removed the jacket for weathering- starting tomorrow. Lots of great work from you freaks together with movie stills I am excited to tackle this rips and all.

My boots came perfect-no warping-heated them with hairdryer-will weather the metal some more.

Removed the pants-breakfast tea bath for 1 minute in lukewarm water- they look GREAT-- this is highly recommended!

I heated the elbows 30 seconds each worked them out now they bend and pose perfectly.

The black undershirt came fray free and looks great- its saying on.

I like the underlying body- the physique looks good-. The abs are a soft rubber and can fold under the harder hip region, make sure you don't rip this over time from bending the waist in extreme poses--the pants prevent this because they are very limiting anyways.

Now to the most important part-- the head sculpt. In hand the paint is not that bad, the beard needs bit of a repaint but to my naked 44 year old eyes this is a damn good likeness and the paint is the best I have seen from Sideshow on a human sculpt. To the naked eye his one good eye looks good. On a macro setting yah the star is there, but on the shelf not bad at all. I will add (gasp) guy liner to his upper lid, touch up the beard, and touch up some black marks on the hands he came with.

Over all this is a B mark from me.

(I got r2d2 today as well-this is an A+ figure, and a home run from Sideshow)

. . . (I got r2d2 today as well-this is an A+ figure, and a home run from Sideshow)

Glad you are happy dude :hi5:

Interesting to hear about the R2 - I'd wanted to get that for the Wife - but didn't want to risk it given the crappy quality on almost every item I've bought from Sideshow. Not to derail the thread - but is your experience with the R2 also true for the majority that have it in-hand?

Interesting to hear about the R2 - I'd wanted to get that for the Wife - but didn't want to risk it given the crappy quality on almost every item I've bought from Sideshow. Not to derail the thread - but is your experience with the R2 also true for the majority that have it in-hand?

Read what I just posted in that tread for my take on r2 :wink1:

. . . Artoo is a little masterpiece. You just have to treat him with respect. I don't think he's really flimsy or fragile, but you handle him more like a model than you would a toy.

Thanks for the info.

Another franchise - but - "Treat a queen like a whore and a whore like a queen" . . . the wee Wifey is a genteel type so no worries there :wink1:

I wanted to get this figure to go into an 80's display along with Marty Mcfly and Robocop. But all the work involved in getting this to look like it should is such a deterent.

You'll undoubtably have quality control issues. I did, it's sideshow afterall. Dome blotches, broken bits have been reported and nearly everyone has floppy doors to the compartments on the front of his chasis and at the top of his head. The quality control is crappy, some of those issues can be fixed and sideshow will replace major defects, but what's not crappy is the sculpt, the overall look the acessories and features. In my opinion it's a big Winner and the only r2 anyone will ever need.

I wanted to get this figure to go into an 80's display along with Marty Mcfly and Robocop. But all the work involved in getting this to look like it should is such a deterent.

I just spent 2.5 hours to mod the jacket, pants, belt, and touched up the eyes, eye brows, beard, and hair. I will post photos soon. Then you can be the judge of weather or not you think this is salvageable. Worth it IMO.

Attachments

• IMG_00000066.jpg
    IMG_00000066.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_00000067.jpg
    IMG_00000067.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 372
Here are photos of the jacket. My BlackBerry and the lighting today are not contributing to great photos of the work I did on the head sculpt- that and I suck at taking photos

Attachments

• IMG_00000068.jpg
    IMG_00000068.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_00000065.jpg
    IMG_00000065.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 342
Is anyone able to put this figure in any kind of pose other than standing straight up on the base? I try to bend the legs and the pants cinch up almost immediately. This means I cannot bend his upper legs... at all :dunno

Back