1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, yeah the sculpt is fantastic but Sideshow never lets us down with crappy paints, I've honestly never seen a SSC 1/6 figure with decent paint out of the box.

Edit: I just checked how much he's going for on eBay, madness! :horror

People weren't buying it when it was $160 because it was such a crap figure.

What would posess someone to buy it for $350??

It wasn't a complete disaster of a figure. Did it sell well? Probably not. There are not that many options for a Plissken figure, so prices will creep up if there is a demand no matter how small.

When I ordered this, I had to get a replacement shipment processed by the retailer because the UPS vehicle it was in during its first leg in transit got onto a mishap and all the packages were written off as destroyed. I wonder what happened to that figure, maybe someone in the crew responsible for cleaning up that mess salvaged it? There could be a “lost” SS Snake Plissken standing on someone’s mantle, or it could be some dog’s chew toy, lol!

When I ordered this, I had to get a replacement shipment processed by the retailer because the UPS vehicle it was in during its first leg in transit got onto a mishap and all the packages were written off as destroyed. I wonder what happened to that figure, maybe someone in the crew responsible for cleaning up that mess salvaged it? There could be a “lost” SS Snake Plissken standing on someone’s mantle, or it could be some dog’s chew toy, lol!

Probably ended up in landfill, thats probably where a lot of our figs will end up in the end.

So is $225.00 a fairly good price for a NIB one? It's hard to keep track anymore. :confused: (Or my 2020 is bleeding into my 2021. Hard to tell. :lol)

I modded the heck of of this. It is actually quite a gook likeness with a re-paint and weathering of basically everything that came with him....I was happy to pick this up for retail when it was released...

Hey guys is been a long time since I have posted anything. I'm looking for any pointers on how to weather the jacket. Any info is appreciated.

Hey guys is been a long time since I have posted anything. I'm looking for any pointers on how to weather the jacket. Any info is appreciated.

What I did was drybrush at the edges of the jacket, I used yellow ochre primarily but also mixed in some reds, blues etc. With light drybrushing you'll eventually get a weathered look.

My MCU collecting has pretty much come go a dead stop with all the new shows not doing it for me so I've started to move more towards other films I really enjoy, but have never collected.

Decided to pick up SSC snake plissken. Not as bad as I imagined, but definitely some pain points. Made a little afternoon of weathering and painting up the jacket. I like him a lot!
20220926_190756-01.jpeg

Back