1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, by this stage his career (and as much as I admire him and his achievements) had already started heading south and he'd started getting lazy...so the entire framework from EFNY became the backbone of EFLA. All he did was create a somewhat different set of characters over that exact same outline.

In that respect, EFLA should never really have happened.

I think everyone at that time wanted Escape from Leningrad, it would've been written on a clean slate using idea's from Snake's backstory....but KR was getting on and couldn't pass for the 80's Snake and we ended up with the EfNY rehash.

I watched Escape From L.A. last night, as it was on Netflix and I was bored, and the whole thing seemed extremely satirical to me; almost to the point of parody. Between Cliff Robertson laying under a table and exclaiming "I have to pray!" And the "surgical freaks of Beverly Hills," the whole thing felt sort of like a thinly veiled Carpenter commentary on society starring Snake Plissken.:lol

I like the robbery scene, but I prefer the introduction we got in the film.

It would've been perfect as a pre-title sequence for the sequel.... The quality of the storytelling is just perfect and its just to good to be left on the cutting room floor.

I think everyone at that time wanted Escape from Leningrad, it would've been written on a clean slate using idea's from Snake's backstory....but KR was getting on and couldn't pass for the 80's Snake and we ended up with the EfNY rehash.

Waited way too long to do a sequel. I feel that way about Terminator 2, you see the age with Arnie but he still pulled it off.

One of the Ultimate Soldier weapon sets came with some chopped down M4's...At least I think they were...Dont look anything like the EFLA gun, but kinda/sorta the same concept...

Matt

Yeah the LA gun more or less only has the grip and trigger guard from the M4, the rest would need to be improvised.

The only thing I really liked about EFLA was Cuervo's speech before the basketball thing, and I know it's silly as hell:
"You might have survived Cleveland. You might have escaped from New York. But this is L.A., Vato. And you're about to find out that this ****ing city can kill anybody!"
I love that crap.

Bottom line ..The only reason I would ever watch EFLA is because Snake is in it...without snake, straight to video crap...I did like the cast though...Snake saved what was left in this film

Can't believe Buscemi was in it :lol

2nrn3ic.gif

Last edited:
My favorite part of EFLA? Bruce Campbell.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vboPL127AU8[/ame]

:lol

Back