1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The production pictures look better than I expected. Yes, it's not Hot Toys quality, but Hot Toys would charge $229.99 for the figure.

Glad I decided to keep my order.

Hot toys Vader $299.00--inaccurate dome--GIRAFF NECKED!!, etc ect. 7 hands--at least the Droid is included--it is right???

SS Snake $160 for the EX. Lots of accessories and hopefully workable HS, decent clothing (needs weathering)

Granted SS Snake was offered for PO earlier this year but this is a no-brainer really.

Keeping my order!!

Yea that Vader is just wonky looking.

But it's apparently ok to have to mod a $300 figure as long as it's made by Hot Toys.

I've read people in this thread use terms like "horrible", "terrible", "crap", etc. when talking about this figure. Some of you guys must speak hyperbole as a second language. The difference from prototype to production figure is no more drastic than anything Hot Toys has put out recently. Snake looks pretty great to me and I definitely look forward to picking him up soon.

But since when is 170 bucks chump change? Sidehow needs to step up their game of they step up their prices. The price argument isn't really an argument at all and yes, every figure has flaws but we are talking about amature sculpt and paint which are huge deal breakers and wonky production issues like those massive wide lapels and radically shortened length of the jacket.

I'm not saying this has to be a hot toy as much as I'd love the character to get much deserved top treatment, but I'm saying that it should be at least as good as 90 percent of the stuff out there.

I'll use the threezero Tyrion as an example. That figure has loads of issues too and lord knows I've been vocal about them, and I consider it a highly flawed figure, but it's a similar price bracket and it totally trumps this figure in terms of sculpt paint and outfit detail and it is that company's like fourth figure or so. Basically first human figure. Sideshow invented this medium! No excuses to not be at least as good.

But since when is 170 bucks chump change? Sidehow needs to step up their game of they step up their prices. The price argument isn't really an argument at all and yes, every figure has flaws but we are talking about amature sculpt and paint which are huge deal breakers and wonky production issues like those massive wide lapels and radically shortened length of the jacket.

I'm not saying this has to be a hot toy as much as I'd love the character to get much deserved top treatment, but I'm saying that it should be at least as good as 90 percent of the stuff out there.

I'll use the threezero Tyrion as an example. That figure has loads of issues too and lord knows I've been vocal about them, and I consider it a highly flawed figure, but it's a similar price bracket and it totally trumps this figure in terms of sculpt paint and outfit detail and it is that company's like fourth figure or so. Basically first human figure. Sideshow invented this medium! No excuses to not be at least as good.

Somebody got coal in their stocking this year...:gah:

I've read people in this thread use terms like "horrible", "terrible", "crap", etc. when talking about this figure. Some of you guys must speak hyperbole as a second language. The difference from prototype to production figure is no more drastic than anything Hot Toys has put out recently. Snake looks pretty great to me and I definitely look forward to picking him up soon.

Way too much overreaction IMO.

It's just that every time I order a sideshow 1/6 scale figure , I'm always a little underwhelmed . This originates from their GI.joe line where the body's they used where just complete crap . I don't want to spend over 150$ for a toy and have to mod it out. Now there Darth Malgus figure was an exception because it really did turn out to be really well done . The head sculpt and paint were fantastic . If they could repeat that paint process with this guy and if the body they use is strong and not separate at the knees every time i want to do a action pose then I'm in . I commend Sideshow for doing Snake Plissken but they must not screw this up . Is this a new 1/6 body from them ??

Exactly!

It's got to be either too broke to buy or look how much of a hard time I can give SS, see how discriminating I am, because this figure is a success!

Now I know why many refuse to participate in the 1/6 threads...

Looks pretty awesome in this shot:

100219_press04.jpg~original

No way will I cancel. :hi5:
Man this figure looks like it'll be tons of fun! Can't wait to get this in hand.

The drake body was a nice design and new build for the market I quite liked it but the quality was absolutely abysmal... Floppy joints and brittle in some areas. I hope they fixed it for this release.

Back