1:6 SSC GI Joe Ninja Viper (ComicCon Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's cool, I'm done, with the release of the CCC tons of people were complaining, we get the same thing and most everyone seems copasetic, so whatever I know SSF denizons love ganging up on people with the lowest post count, so when it gets to the point where you guys love running off new (and I have been here a few years) members with ridiculous comments and aqcuisations, I just get bored with it, so instead of having a conversation, treat me like I am the only one affected by their desicion, enjoy your same negative arguments that is seen in just about every thread. :clap where is the giving the middle finger smiley? : post here:

Ok. When gas wasn't $4/gal. and the dollar was still worth half a damn, he went for more than CC.

He is a poor example though. No one wanted CCC, well done as he was.

Aayla Secura does sell higher than retail, which Star Wars figures rarely do, and she was one of the top three worst figures in the line.

Low post count isn't half as fun as people who are wrong.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Side...0124?pt=AU_Action_Figures&hash=item1c1aee9ecc

I guess that makes you wrong twice in like 20 minutes...good job, can't wait to see what else you f up on

I guess that makes you wrong twice in like 20 minutes...good job, can't wait to see what else you f up on

I doubt I'll ____ up on the fact that you're using a limited sample from the past couple months when it's been years that those figures have been going for higher than retail (such as the Aayla that recently went for $103 and change).

Oh, wait. The one you linked went for $104. She retailed for $70, right?

I doubt I'll ____ up on the fact that you're using a limited sample from the past couple months when it's been years that those figures have been going for higher than retail (such as the Aayla that recently went for $103 and change).

Oh, wait. That one went for $104. She retailed for $70, right?

Less, $64.99. I don't get his point. :cuckoo::lol

it's cool, I'm done, with the release of the CCC tons of people were complaining, we get the same thing and most everyone seems copasetic, so whatever I know SSF denizons love ganging up on people with the lowest post count, so when it gets to the point where you guys love running off new (and I have been here a few years) members with ridiculous comments and aqcuisations, I just get bored with it, so instead of having a conversation, treat me like I am the only one affected by their desicion, enjoy your same negative arguments that is seen in just about every thread. :clap where is the giving the middle finger smiley? : post here:

Nobody is picking on you or ganging up on you. People are simply giving you their opinions and showing you to be honest how you're coming across wrong to them. What you want and expect aren't what Comic-Con Ex are anymore and haven't been for as long as I've been doing.

I think a lower tier character like Zarana or Chuckles or something would make sense as an SDCC figure, as it would be an extremely non-essential character akin to the Mouser. But the production costs involved in a completely new character would probably be too high to warrant it. Rehashes like this make more sense from Sideshow's point of view.

Waaaaaaaaay back '04, if memory serves, Sideshow had Nazi Kroenen as an exclusive.

I remember fans howling about him. A major character in a significant outfit and all that. This was before SDCC blew up into the monster it is today, too. I think Mattel got pounded over Keldor that same year from the He-Man 200X line.

Since then, exclusives have been nifty re-paints or characters that don't have enough mass appeal for a full-on launch. I think Chuckles would make a decent release, but I've already bashed my own together. I wouldn't be surprised to see Python Patrol figures or Night Force guys as exclusives unless they go hardcore comics and do a Dr. Venom, Kwinn, or Gen. Flagg. Maybe even a Hard/Soft master 2-pack, but I think those might sell well enough to warrant a regular release.

If they can take existing sculpts and design patterns, tweak them without major R&D, I think that's best. We fans get some cool figures, and the companies get to do something nice for some of their biggest supporters.

I think a lower tier character like Zarana or Chuckles or something would make sense as an SDCC figure, as it would be an extremely non-essential character akin to the Mouser. But the production costs involved in a completely new character would probably be too high to warrant it. Rehashes like this make more sense from Sideshow's point of view.

Ya, Id like to see that also, lower tiered guys as ex's instead of variants a weapons cache would have been cool also

Seems SS does the variants to close to each other, we just got the red one and now the green

Camo SS would have been a cool ex, but they probably have him slated in for his own spot later on

Where was this greenie in the classic line?

Ya, Id like to see that also, lower tiered guys as ex's instead of variants a weapons cache would have been cool also

Seems SS does the variants to close to each other, we just got the red one and now the green

Camo SS would have been a cool ex, but they probably have him slated in for his own spot later on

Where was this greenie in the classic line?

There's another bonus. Less time spent on SDCC Exclusives = more time spent on the main releases.

Yes, and Sideshow is paying homage to that vintage line. Jesus, you'd mess your diaper if SSC started banging out the old greenshirts wouldn't you? :lol

At this point, if SS did make Greenshirts, they'd make them blue or purple or some off the wall stupid color and you all would rejoice. The ninja viper was just a simple repaint of storm shadow and the ONLY thing that made it special was that it was teal and a mailaway.

Check out what real joe fans think of this figure.. https://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/conventions-9/sideshow-cobra-ninja-viper-10327/

All in all, if they changed the color to anything else it might be ok, or even slapped a Joe logo on it and called it Snake Eyes's trainee Kamakura or something..

At this point, if SS did make Greenshirts, they'd make them blue or purple or some off the wall stupid color and you all would rejoice. The ninja viper was just a simple repaint of storm shadow and the ONLY thing that made it special was that it was teal and a mailaway.

Check out what real joe fans think of this figure.. https://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/conventions-9/sideshow-cobra-ninja-viper-10327/

All in all, if they changed the color to anything else it might be ok, or even slapped a Joe logo on it and called it Snake Eyes's trainee Kamakura or something..

:lol You clearly don't know who your quoting. :monkey1

I'm a purist at heart when it comes to OG design, but I don't have OCD aneurysms (DOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRR DIFFERENT SHADE OF COLOUR, NOT BUYING!) and I'm not so rectally retentive that I can't appreciate some aspect of modernization. A LOT of that ____ wouldn't translate well to $130 high-end collectibles. But at the same time, I call it like I see it. I was one of the biggest naysayers with Firefly and still think he looks more like an Ice Viper than FF, despite the matching camo balaclava.

Last edited:
:lol You clearly don't know who your quoting. :monkey1

I'm a purist at heart when it comes to OG design, but I don't have OCD aneurysms (DOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRR DIFFERENT SHADE OF COLOUR, NOT BUYING!) and I'm not so rectally retentive that I can't appreciate some aspect of modernization. A LOT of that ____ wouldn't translate well to $130 high-end collectibles. But at the same time, I call it like I see it. I was one of the biggest naysayers with Firefly and still think he looks more like an Ice Viper than FF, despite the matching camo balaclava.

I would agree with this!

Back