1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Oh man, your bad taste in "chicks" almost equals your bad taste in toys but do keep humoring me. Always gives me a chuckle. :lol

No,I just think you don't like much of anything but that Bigfoot turd figure..all you do is complain about everything or insult people

you never have anything good or nice to say about anything

Since you hate Sideshow so much why are you here??? shouldn't you be on the retro Zica boards praising Bigfoot somewhere??

terminator-2-t-1000-mall-escape1.jpg

I don't mind the rivets all that much,but the way they did the eyebrow thing makes the ones on the forehead look weird.
The only part I can honestly say I hate about the HS is that button thing they put on his nose.
The hell is the point of that? :lol

Last edited:
Although Destro originally had a very odd but slightly compelling look to him there is no question that he needs some form of update.

Lets not forget this guy is a major arms dealer with probably some serious cash. Now I know that in some peoples eyes having such a serious cash supply means he can wear what the hell he wants but I always felt he should look a little smarter and more like he was portrayed in the live action film.

That said if an update is based on his original look I would have done two things which are either a long coat or a body jacket/warmer with a red jacket.

Now that's exactly what Sideshow have done but something is horribly off. I don't mind the body jacket/warmer so much but the coat looks horrible. Beyond that though the general execution just seems off.

The main thing which really puzzles me are the mask designs. I don't see why anything on that needed changing and always felt it was some amazing piece of craftsmanship that was one full design and just connected at the back. I don't see why either rivets need adding over the top or why the front needs odd lines. This was just one element of Destro which didn't need touching and even Hollywood agreed so why Sideshow felt any different is beyond me!

As it stands I am passing on this one and going to see what some of the talented members on this forum come up with. The two things I am looking for are:

1/ Someone to do a traditional head and
2/ Some sort of modern long coat that incorporates a red collar

No,I just think you don't like much of anything but that Bigfoot turd figure..all you do is complain about everything or insult people

you never have anything good or nice to say about anything

Since you hate Sideshow so much why are you here??? shouldn't you be on the retro Zica boards praising Bigfoot somewhere??

Way to go Teemu....take back the boards for the good hearted people.....
I need to go see what this Bigfoot is all about..

The horrible fashion is EVERY reason for liking this figure....

Wait.......maybe we are not disagreeing over Destro after all.....we are just disagreeing over 80s fashions......of our dolls.....

I need to go watch a John Wayne movie now.....

so, just to be clear...
You agree that Destro is sporting his manly bare chest and is not wearing a yellow shirt.
Second of all, you are cool with HIS choice 80's fashion?...
Then by all means, continue to ROCK ON DUDE!

Yea you hit that one on the head. The original figure was painted VERY yellow (hence the shirt). Yo Joe has a much better picture (see below) and NO other human skin tone is that yellow as can be referenced on their site under the "1983" lineup.

and NO other human skin tone is that yellow as can be referenced on their site under the "1983" lineup.

You do realize that the original figure was made with black color plastic. In order to paint skin in the chest area they most likely had to go with a different more opaque paint that would look right with the black plastic underneath. The normal flesh tone wasn't cutting it so they went with a more yellow paint.
I owned the figure and never thought it was anything but a bare chest.

so, just to be clear...
You agree that Destro is sporting his manly bare chest and is not wearing a yellow shirt.
Second of all, you are cool with HIS choice 80's fashion?...
Then by all means, continue to ROCK ON DUDE!

The more information and pictures i see from other sources....i may have always been wrong about his "shirt", especially when more recently released figures by hasbro are clearly bare chested, maybe that was always the intent.

That being the case....im saying im glad HE has made a consious decision to update that horrid, dreadful look from 30 years ago to something more stylish and sporty.

Well done Destro......well done...

I know there is plenty more hate to pass around so I'll interject that one of my favorite character designs of Destro is the GI Joe vs. Cobra one. https://www.yojoe.com/images/resize/h/375/action/03/images/destro10.jpg
I like the fact he looks like a beefed up badass, rivets and all. I don't mind the purple pants either, if the black shirt this Sideshow version comes with is of good quality I'll probably just sport him sans vest/jacket and add a beefed up body.

The more information and pictures i see from other sources....i may have always been wrong about his "shirt", especially when more recently released figures by hasbro are clearly bare chested, maybe that was always the intent.

That being the case....im saying im glad HE has made a consious decision to update that horrid, dreadful look from 30 years ago to something more stylish and sporty.

Well done Destro......well done...

I like that horrid dreadful look from 30 years ago.

Destro.png

He looks like a bad-*** here. Albeit, a bit flamboyant. Showy. Flashy. It's not like dudes aren't showing off collar bone nowadays.

I know there is plenty more hate to pass around so I'll interject that one of my favorite character designs of Destro is the GI Joe vs. Cobra one. https://www.yojoe.com/images/resize/h/375/action/03/images/destro10.jpg
I like the fact he looks like a beefed up badass, rivets and all. I don't mind the purple pants either, if the black shirt this Sideshow version comes with is of good quality I'll probably just sport him sans vest/jacket and add a beefed up body.

Isn't that his son, Alexander McCullen? :lol

Back