1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bludd ex's is 1,000 pieces and regs have been 2,000 pieces (Zartan had 2,500)

3,000 overall.....still a very low run in high end toy producing

look at Duke (2,750 pieces made reg/ex) and his value has gone up aswell

Yes, but you're ignoring a key factor. There are still those of us who're buying to support the line. Some of the hardcore supporters dropped and are now cherry-picking. When we're gone, what happens?

(it's rhetorical because we all know Sideshow will blame us for not buying their lame interpretations at $200-$300 a pop and go quiet for a few years before admitting in some obscure holiday chat that they've canceled the line :lol)

Is that one of those silver mannequins at REI Sports shopped over a Joe background? :dunno

LOL It does look like that. He's ready for some x-treme winter snowboarding.

terminator-2-t-1000-mall-escape1.jpg

:horror:horror:horror

Welp.

My impression is still the same. No need to remind anyone how incredibly terrible this figure is...

Why won't Sideshow just help us...... in helping them!!!!

I agree with you guys. Sideshow has gone way too far toward making this figure look like the original card art. A character like this needs a little more realism added to make him believable.

Still damned cool, though. And I will get one.

They are trying to pass him off as looking like the original art, but he's not even close so why bother?

Destro is a fantasy character that doesn't to be grounded in realism. Looking real isn't the reason most people would buy Destro.

A realword Destro is what the movie did. A dude in a iron mask and a business suit. Christopher Nolan style!

Changing that vest to an actual jacket with sleeves would be a huge improvement. The head is still a bit of an issue with the raised eyebrow, segments, and rivets, but I could overlook it. The excl. mask head looks terrible in the new pic.

I do like the beefier body, gauntlets, boots, pants, t-shirt, blaster, holster, and briefcase. It does feel a little light on accessories for $180.

Very cool that they gave him Blueprints based on the original vehicle instructions.

Just give the vest sleeves Sideshow!

Changing that vest to an actual jacket with sleeves would be a huge improvement. The head is still a bit of an issue with the raised eyebrow, segments, and rivets, but I could overlook it. The excl. mask head looks terrible in the new pic.

I do like the beefier body, gauntlets, boots, pants, t-shirt, blaster, holster, and briefcase. It does feel a little light on accessories for $180.

Very cool that they gave him Blueprints based on the original Joe instructions.

Just give the vest sleeves Sideshow!

Yeah, that would be that right there. I think he needs broader shoulders. Anyone planning on modding this to fit their perfect Destro on a muscled body?

Finally had a chance to check out the pics. This pic intrigues me most of all:

28tcknk.jpg

Wonder if we will see all the weapons pictured behind him in 1/6 scale, and with who?

Besides the various modded M4s and AKs, there's a G36, and a Steyr.

Or maybe they're the old Hot Toys 1/6 weapons.

If it's so funny, then why am I crying inside? It does kinda look accurate if you squint and stand about 20 feet away from the monitor.
What i have to stand at the other end of my flat to think its the real destro on my pc :horror

Yes, but you're ignoring a key factor. There are still those of us who're buying to support the line. Some of the hardcore supporters dropped and are now cherry-picking. When we're gone, what happens?

(it's rhetorical because we all know Sideshow will blame us for not buying their lame interpretations at $200-$300 a pop and go quiet for a few years before admitting in some obscure holiday chat that they've canceled the line :lol)
U guys are lucky. For me to get Duke, Red Ninja or Falcon i will be spending the USA price, plus inflated shipping prices and customs import fees = Easy $600 NZ :thud:

Well I like him for the most part, my biggest gripe is that raised eyebrow and I wish the coat was more of a leather material. I don't know if I like him enough to buy him but I certainly don't feel the immense hatred he seems to be generating.

Back