1/6 SSC - A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy Krueger Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This due in SS warehouse in Sept or shipping from overseas in Sept? Thought we'd see final product pics by now. I'm getting antsy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am assuming it is going to be at SS in September. My email said it was arriving in September so I am assuming at the worst we receive the 14 day notice in the later part of September?

Everyone in the comments of the video thinks he looks awful? I think the figure is cool....am i missing something?

I think it looks good. I ordered it with a good discount so I'll be gentle in my view of it; slightly.
A few things I see that bother me from that video are he burned hands they are a little rough. The way the neck looks on the head and shoulders. It needs a little shimmer on those wounds.

It doesn't look awful, but it doesn't look great either. I knew when I ordered that I might end up keeping the sculpt I have now, looks like I definitely will. Will be swapping out the head but probably keeping the rest. Will decide once I have it in hand

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

..just watched the video and yep, it looks like a $60 toy. If only ANY other company made it, it would have been better. From the lackluster sculpt and paint to the glued on undersized 'sits way to high' fedora; it's kind of a dud. I still don't regret pre-ordering this figure, but it's just yet another huge letdown brought to you by the folks at Sideshow Collectibles. Freddy is such a beloved childhood character to me; so this stings that much more. They truely just don't give a fu ck. A company that's frozen in time - circa 2008.

Looks disappointing. You can tell that Spot isn't overly impressed by it either but is trying not to be too critical. The skin tone looks off and why I wouldn't they have made the fedora removable? Such odd choices. Also the stripes on the sweater seem off in color a bit as they should be a deep green but almost look like dark brown/black.

I don't think it looks bad. Paint may be a bit flat, lacking highlights or gloss.

The fedora was also riding high in the earlier photos:

a-nightmare-on-elm-street-freddy-krueger-sixth-scale-silo-1003591.png

This is advertised as Part 3 Freddy, and as such its placement high above the ears looks to be accurate, at least in some scenes:

v1.aDs2NDEwMTtqOzE3NDM2OzIwNDg7NjUyOzQzNg

tumblr_n9ht6sFAtk1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

I still think the skin color is off like Spot mentions in his video. It might be suffering from being a bit flat as well but that's not the only problem with it.

Also with this being from the third film I feel like they dropped the ball by not including the syringe hands rather than three slight variants of the normal glove.

I still think the skin color is off like Spot mentions in his video. It might be suffering from being a bit flat as well but that's not the only problem with it.

It could be an easy repaint, if you know what colour to settle on. A lot easier than painting a human face and having to try and make the graduation in colour appear natural.

The problem is that you shouldn't have to do that. It's typical Sideshow bs dropping the ball on something that should have been done right. It irritates me that Sideshow seems to put in such little effort in terms of making these figures well done in terms of accessories or anything and to top it off can't even get something that definitely should have been right correct. I'd be happier with one of the Neca ultimate figures which will probably be the route I go for now.

That's one of them. Not the most flattering picture of it but for the price point and being an action figure rather than a high end collectible they're nice enough. At $200 this piece by Sideshow isn't worth it in my opinion. Too bad someone like Threezero couldn't get this license as their recent Michael Myers is a pretty decent release.

It's ironic that SS can't often match the paint quality even of unlicensed products.

The Chinese factories take them for a ride time after time.

Back